1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

King Arthur's Cold - The Winter Texturepack 1.3

Wars aren't always fought during Summer, Winter has come and the battles are chilling!

1. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Crabmaster updated King Arthur's Cold Winter Texturepack with a new update entry:

The Ice Update, and minor fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

SpideY likes this.
  2. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

I'm not sure I understand the breath, snow, and Let_it_Snow files. Where do they go exactly in order to work?

3. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Maybe I should put them into a subfolder instead. If you read the modnote file it should say they are unfinished and are there for anyone who wants to continue working on the mod(Or for me when/if I finish the mod).

4. Rocinante

Oh, I see. I did read the modnote but I misunderstood it. ::):

5. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

This looks great, I hope you get chickens and bisons with santa hats hehe... I guess I'll use it since I love christmassy/wintery things ::):

EDIT : For some reason I feel like making a texture pack, I guess I'll make some sort of joke one.

6. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Yeah...maybe I should also take more time to write important notes...

I'm currently trying to see if the code can be used and what I need to do to get it to work. I have a feeling it requires more than what I have to function.

7. Rocinante

Hi again,
    I had a bit of a problem just now where, after having added the files from your pack, I couldn't connect to servers. "Error in compiling server scripts" was what the prompt said. I fixed it by forcing an update.

I'm not sure if your pack caused it. I suppose I could add them again and then test it.

8. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

@Rocinante Unless combining the texture's base folder with the game's base folder accidentally deleted files I have no idea what would have caused that? I can play on servers just fine right now and I am even messing with the game's scripts trying to figure out how to get that snow to work.

9. Rocinante

The first time was a fluke, it seems. I can get on servers fine. I must have done something to cause the error.

Crabmaster likes this.
  10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Alrighty. An idea for the pack. Make the stone ice... since well.. ice burn cant damage ice. And make the mineable stone a type of ice as well. c:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  11. Rocinante

Not a fan of icicle arrows. The different types of arrows aren't as distinguishable in action as the original sprites and the original are more interesting. I look forward to cold breath and snow fall though. :thumbs_up:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  12. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Hmm...Icestone might be an idea for an alternate type you can choose from...I'll think about it.

Also I wanted to get an update out without extra delay and was stumped as to what to change the special arrows to...they are surprisingly hard to come up with ideas for.

If only I wasn't trapped within 16x8 pixels...

13. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Lovely thought here, replace burgers with eggnog. Delicious, meaty eggnog. The pack looks fantastic currently, keep up the good work.

14. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

lol, I had that in mind as well. Ice bricks/blocks would be cool.

15. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

How about turning the fire arrows into a sort of... I dunno... explosive ball? Like... slush that someone decided to throw at you... just with a water tail behind it or something.

And the bomb arrows...? Not really sure how that will look... maybe uhh... this?
    [​IMG]
    Just... a simple wooden stick in the back with a hunk of ice on the tip.. a hunk of ice that's spikey and stuff. c:
    That's all I can think of...

Oh and btw.. if you're gonna make sprites soon, make everyone in a similar style to a water bender. :D

16. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

Crabmaster updated King Arthur's Cold Winter Texturepack with a new update entry:

The Mod Update!

Read the rest of this update entry...

17. Rocinante

EDIT:
    Heh. :oops:

Looking forward to fur-clad knights and such.

18. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Simply the best.

19. Bint

Bint Haxor

Better than all the rest.

20. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

So nice you made the snow so pixeled