1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Classic, Hello Beta.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurin, Nov 6, 2013.

1. snowfire

snowfire Shipwright

Ugly animations, gameplay is messed up in beta (bloated and such),... i didn't pay for beta, i liked much graphics in first versions: crisp, clean, without all this blur. By origninal design, there were pixels which hide details and make game more symbolic with some sort of beauty in it... BUT BLUR? WTF? New art is bad. Better make x64 binaries for linux, damn it. I paid for alpha!.. Or return my money.

2. SpideY

SpideY Hear Me Roar Staff Alumni Donator

Thanks to your purchase, you can play both classic and beta and you will discover soon new features. If you dislike beta, you can stay on alpha.

3. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You paid for Alpha. Alpha is still playable so why should they give you your money back?

4. Bint

Bint Haxor

@snowfire Turn off smooth shader maybe??

Guitarman, Robinskie and ParaLogia like this.
  5. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Ah, so this is the Entitled_Jerk! Haven't seen one in the wild before, best not get too close.

6. snowfire

snowfire Shipwright

The topic says "Goodbye alpha". You say that i can stay - that's cool, but people are switching to beta. Servers are empty, not like in old times.

7. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Play both Beta and alpha, prefer alpha. Planning on continuing playing both, you can't say that abandon alpha because well, that insures it's dead and many people still love alpha. The server I play on is always full when I see it on alpha.

Why? Well, alpha is mor basic and simple, and there's less ways to ruin the whole entire game.

cincoscuencas likes this.
  8. but thats exactly what alpha is

Waky, Guitarman, Klokinator and 6 others like this.
  9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Bint likes this.
  10. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

I miss the team work I experienced in classic. knight ladders, archer/knight combos that owed up, offensive building.

beta is a great game, but recently, its started to feel stale. Purchase three bombs, and a mine. double bomb jump over the reds huge wall, blow through their flag case with a mine and a helpful noob/corpse. Own the entire red team by myself, then bomb jump out, disregarding all the builders time.
    All by myself.

I've started to play archer more, as the feeling I get when I assist a decent knight in killing a pro player by shooting arrows at the right time, is so much more rewarding than capping the flag all by myself.

Kramgnauh, 16th, hierbo and 1 other person like this.
  11. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Dont play against steamys then

12. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

Heh, maybe I was exaggerating just a little.

13. ZeldaMarioDude

ZeldaMarioDude Tree Planter

There is mod that puts moveable outposts.

14. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

15. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

yea ive found it to be a fact that when playing with steamies its boring as fuck. i only really have fun when i play with people who know what they are doing and i enjoy playing with.

16. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

If you find playing with new players less fun, turn off your skill a bit and do funny stuff. Bomb jump to the back of their base and try to make friends with enemy builders, try to splash every enemy at least once using a bucket, try to see how many lanterns you can stack up. Stuff like that is pretty fun.

17. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Give them time, dude. I'm sure whenever you started a new game you didn't know what you were doing and was just useless. The players on your team had to deal with it, I think you can too.

They are getting better tho, I can see it. People actually know how2build pretty well on tth now. Also the knights actually duck back and wait for who slashes first.

Just give them time, I tell you, you will be the scrub soon enough.

18. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

The biggest difference in a newbie from classic and a newbie from steam is that in classic, the noobs joined very slowly, trickling in. They weren't a hindrance to the entire team, just a little silly and annoying. In the steam release though, our playerbase doubled overnight. I can literally get on 3 different servers now and have them be chock full of people who have no idea what the hell they're doing.

On the plus side, then I can be that veteran who rocks face and inspires awe and cries of "I wish I could be that good" so I guess there are upsides.

19. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Just give them time, I tell you, you will be the scrub soon enough.[/quote]

SURE :wink:

JoshTG likes this.
  20. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

SURE :wink:[/quote]
    lol