1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 947 - Fixes and Improvements

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DevBlogger, Nov 21, 2013.

1. DevBlogger

DevBlogger KAG DevBlog Feed Bot

First stage of that “cleaning up” bullet point.

Update on the crashing situation: We’re reverting the changes to the server browser, we’ll be debugging them more next week but we want to avoid having people crash and complain. As such, server browser pings will still likely be inaccurate, just a heads up.

Mostly fixes, but a few changes as well, most notably:

• No RNG when firing “normal” shots as archer, only legolas
      This means that legolas spamming isn’t as accurate at long range and pinpoint sniping is feasible, raising the skill ceiling a little.
    • All classes can arrow climb
      This increases the utility of the archer as it can now be used to help allies over walls - arrow climbing has been revamped to kill the arrow quite quickly, and allow you to “jump” off of the arrow instead of climbing it like a ladder (no movement penalty). We’ll be paying close attention to how this affects balance, but I think it’ll allow archers to feel more useful during a push.
    • Vote kick tweaks
      Most notably, if someone leaves while being vote-kicked, the system presumes they were guilty. The ban time has been increased to 30 minutes to help deter persistent griefers.
    • (the changes to server browser have been left out of this build to prevent crashes)
    • Spawn immunity doesn’t restart when changing class
      Preventing the (minimal) abuse that had been going on with that.
    • Visible boards over a tunnel that you can’t travel through
      No more tapping E to “check”

Full Changelog:

[modified] votekicking kicks for 30 minutes
    [fixed] extra spawn immunity when changing class (now it's static spawn immune time, no extension)
    [modified] RNG only on legolas shot for archers, do normal shots for accuracy.
    [fixed] freeze continuously gibbing stuff
    [script][added] void RemoveSectorsAtPosition( Vec2f position, const string& name, const u16 id ) for removing sectors only with specific id
    [fixed] tree removes flag base no build zone
    [fixed] too much coins on client (server_DropCoins could be run by client)
    [dev] removed drop peer dbg msgs
    [dev] additional move files works on steam only now
    [modified] potential fix for "ghost" colliding arrows
    [fixed] under raid war boats and ballistae included in spawn list
    [dev] more fixes for arrows
    [modified] flag base puts down bedrock underneath itself
    [modified] all classes can arrow climb
    [modified] arrow climb only when holding up, destroys arrows, gives extra jump
    [modified] very slightly increased archer stun arrow range
    [fixed] fire arrow not put out by water bomb/arrow
    [fixed] Space flags (hopefully)
    [modified] stomp doesn't stun or hurt the stomper
    [added] boards layer to tunnel
    [fixed] archer grapple staying attached through tunnel when attached to doors
    [modified] if someone leaves while getting vote-kicked, they're banned for 30 minutes (as if they were successfully booted)

Max/Geti

Original DevBlog post.

Atheon, NinjaCell, delankski and 6 others like this.
  2. Iamaclay

Iamaclay Shark Slayer

[modified] stomp doesn't stun or hurt the stomper
    [added] boards layer to tunnel

Just a couple of my favorites! Thanks for the timely updates guys ::):

Atheon likes this.
  3. Retric

Retric Shopkeep Stealer

¡Good work TK2D! :)

Atheon likes this.
  4. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Nerf buildings and render siege weapons as a redundant feature. Maybe we should stop building stuff at all and just fight in huge mosh pits of players slashing blindly at each other and arrow spamming while proclaiming each other as the best knights or archers ever, as always taking the easier way to do things instead of introducing proper means of being able to siege the castles which actually would require some thinking and planning. But what am I talking about right, people can barely use the kegs properly.

Beef, Atheon, BlueLuigi and 6 others like this.
  5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Maybe you should actually play with the changes before talking out of your ass like a moron. Whenever anyone steps on an arrow, it breaks instantly, meaning you can only transport one guy at a time while standing completely in the open, for any opposing archers to kill. Or a skilled bomb-thrower.

Atheon likes this.
  6. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

I shared your first reaction to arrow climbing. I mainly play as a Builder (when I get the chance).

I've played a couple of matches already and so far arrow climbing hasn't had too big of an impact. Besides, can't arrow climbing be countered with overhangs, just like we already do for bulk Archers and sneaky bomb jumping Knights?

I tested supporting our Knights as an Archer. Arrow climbing was more like a cute little feature that allowed me to help 1-2 Knights over a short wall.

On an unrelated note, I felt like I had more control and accuracy as an Archer now that RNG has been removed. Also, stomping is a bit more viable maneuver now.

So far I'm liking these chances.

EDIT: What does this mean? I've tried reading through it a couple of times already:

"[added] boards layer to tunnel"

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    Atheon likes this.
  7. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

board layers to tunnel means that if your team has only 1 teleporter it will appear like sealed with wooden planks. As out of order, so you don't have to go there and press E to see if there's a second one.

Atheon and Bernhardt like this.
  8. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

>Archer's RNG removed
    >Tunnels have their board texture when closed
    >Archer's stomp works now
    >Archer has a slight stun range increase
    >Arrow climbing
    >Flag fixes

Boy if these are all working the way they should this is an update that will make me so VERY happy!

Atheon likes this.
  9. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

If anyone experiences devastating FPS drops from this update just reboot. I've had a similar problem after every update, including this one, but rebooting has always been the solution.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    Atheon and hierbo like this.
  10. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

"All classes can arrow climb" Oh god why?
    1 good archer + 1 good knight + rush = win

Atheon and 16th like this.
  11. "look imma walk over your wall"
    "oh wait shops and flags are surrounded by more walls"
    ::(:::(:::(:::(:::(:::(:

Atheon likes this.
  12. Bernhardt

Bernhardt Builder Stabber

Aah, got it! Thanks!

I noticed this today, but couldn't connect the dots it seems. :D

A welcome addition!
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 21, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 21, 2013 ---
    I've noticed FPS drops. Especially when there have been several siege weapons around.

Are you referring to system reboot or game reboot?

A couple of patches ago it was enough to reconnect to the game, but that doesn't seem to be enough anymore.

Atheon likes this.
  13. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

"oh 90% of players are enough stupid to let shops not under cover"
    "OH! I can kill 3 builders and get keg from knight shop!"
    "Oh great job team we got flag!"
    ::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:::D:

Atheon and 16th like this.
  14. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

Is jabbing still possible while carrying Kegs (chickens too)? This is such a persistent bug and exists as far as I can remember. It would be nice to see it also fixed.

Atheon likes this.
  15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Atheon, Duplolas, Hella and 1 other person like this.
  16. Monsteri

Yep, and arrow climbing can be completely countered by a few platforms facing downward.

Atheon and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  17. Digger101

Digger101 Shark Slayer

Yeah, I'm pree sure it's been reported before but still hasn't been fixed, you can even slash while holding keg/chicken.

Atheon likes this.
  18. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

@Bernhardt System reboot.

Atheon and Bernhardt like this.
  19. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

One issue I see with this update and the Arrow Climbing thing. Not the best idea in the world to be honest.
    If what yall saying is true.. and this is a slight stretch... this might mean that people can scale over hangs... which is obviously bad... remember classic my fellow old fags...? The archers ability to scale walls with ease with dem arrows.. their ability to get over overhangs with those arrows as well..? Pepperidge Farm remembers... Pepperidge Farm remembers everything... -Cue really creepy background music-

Another thing I noticed. Most teams in some servers always have archer spam.. make that almost all have archer spam...
    Now... if there was archer spam, that would mean that all you gotta do, is place 4 or more archers on a tower, and have them fire volley after volley of arrows at the enemy wall, leaving a nice and pretty looking porcupine level ladder right up the wall which can be constantly replenished by dem spammers. (That's if the coordinate properly)
    In short, not the greatest update....

oh and P.S. Haven't tried testing since well.. I'm in college at this moment and haven't gone home yet...

Atheon likes this.
  20. Monsteri

YOU FUCKING ILLITERATE IMMIGRANT.

TWO PLATFORMS FACING DOWNWARDS

AND THAT'S YOUR ARROW CLIMBING

Atheon, Bernhardt and Ej like this.