1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Knights & Mages

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Grantis2, Nov 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Grantis2

Grantis2 Catapult Fodder

So, I have been enjoying this game so much in the last week I have been playing it. I tend to be a builder, because I literally suck at being a knight and I am decent at the archer class. I am aware that there are other things I could do to help, and I love doing anything to help my team in the war efforts(besides building).

KNIGHT
    I have noticed that the Knight class is superior to any other class in fighting in almost every situation. One way this is easy to see is that a Knight can block everything an archer throws at him. I honestly think that it would be a fair balance nerf if the Knight can only block 1-2 arrows instead of all of them. I honestly think the Archer should have the Knife back (or make the arrows do more maximum damage with a fully-powered shot) along with the grappling hook.

NEW CLASS
    Anyways, I thought there should be another class introduced into the game. That class should be the Mage. It can cast fireballs that get weaker over distance. The fireball can set things on fire with a very, very blast. They would definitely need 2 hearts so they can be downed easy. The other ability would be to heal themselves and only themselves(One heart.) Along with this, there should be a new shop introduced called the spell shop. It can make explosive spells and water spells according to how many were picked up. If you pick up 2 water spells than it can only be casted twice.

THE END IS NEAR
    Point is, the Knight is a little stronger than the other classes by a pretty good ways. Please, be nice with your criticism. I am pretty noob at this game, but these are just my inferences of it and I figured the Mage would be a cool feature. Have a good day guys!

2. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yes. I think a mage class should be introduced (so long as they are balanced).
    • Knights should be strong against Archers
    • Archers should be strong against Mages
    • Mages should be strong against Knights

Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  3. Grantis2

Grantis2 Catapult Fodder

I wouldn't mind seeing Knights stay the same if they made the Mage and keep it like this. ^

4. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

Mages are p coo

5. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

The reason this game works so well is the three class dynamic it has; one does range, one does melee and one builds and destroys. Adding another class that does any of those things would make the game a cluttered, unbalanced mess.
    Also, please keep it down to one suggestion per thread, unless they all follow the same tact.
    On to the knight nerf, what I think should happen in regards to shield blocking arrows, a fully charged shot should break the block, if only for a short time, the Legolas shot should not, or you would get shotgun archers just spamming arrows at attackers and starting a turtle war.
    Finally, knights aren't that much more powerful than other classes, it's just that Knight is far easier to pick up, because it is so much easier to hold right click and jab every now and then the fire arrows and dodge, and people have this stigma against going builder, even if it's needed, and the team could afford one less knight.

6. Aeynia

Aeynia Obligatory Mute Girl Donator

Regular full charge already breaks block, and if triple shot didn't break block, Archers would be even more useless against knights.

On topic, Mages having a fire attack as their basic would make Archer's fire arrows useless and break game balance even more by taking over the Archer's role of a ranged attacker (who are ironically better at killing at close range than long range).

7. Grantis2

Grantis2 Catapult Fodder

Yeah, I read about the the first thing you said a little bit ago. Shows how much I know. Lol. Btw, after some thinking, the Mage doesn't need a fire spell for the offensive ability. Something like a lighting zap real quick. While still being aimable and such. Anything else works I guess

8. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Scooting this over to Suggestions and Ideas. This has been suggested about a billion times but I'm keeping this open for the other discussion going on here.

9. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  10. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

"This class is too OP, make another class and shop to balance it"

Apronymous, Invaders and Gurin like this.
  11. Grantis2

Grantis2 Catapult Fodder

They were meant to be a different discussion. I felt lazy so I put them both in the same post

12. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Mage were already suggested, I'm locking this because it doesn't belong here. Please only approach one topic per post in future.
    Feel free to continue the knight discussion in the proper subforum.

Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.