1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[947][Gen] A question regarding drills

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Raelian, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

A bit of clarification on my part, when I said "old players" I was referring to those that have been around for longer than the new batch of steam players and retain more knowledge regarding the game (wasn't referring only towards those that have been around since the beginning of KAG).

2. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Pretty much Steam players are far ahead in the learning curve than even some of the pre-steam players just because there are so many of them, and they can learn off of each other.

3. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I was addressing Boea more

4. Aeynia

Aeynia Obligatory Mute Girl Donator

So because they can learn from each other, that's reason to not care about helping?

Just trying to understand your thought process.

5. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

I took out a Knight with a drill... as an Archer.

To clarify, I dropped the opponents forward most tower onto him because I cut through so quick. They make good weapons, but not in the normal sense of good weapons.

Kriegson and lavalord like this.
  6. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

I figured. Reason as to why my post was more of a general clarification and not aimed at anyone specifically since I noticed that people might have different ideas of what might define an "old player".

7. Kriegson

Kriegson Catapult Fodder

OT: if so many people find drills useless, why not tweak them? Or at least make them cheaper. While they still eventually overheat in water, I usually get whatever I want done well before that happens. Good for digging a pit in front of the flag in a hurry.

8. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

Drills are useful in maps with water, theres a few and drills are an option to bust water blockages, situational these days. Since you can carry one as knight fight, drill fight drill until you get to the enemy base.

9. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

I tell them nicely, they just keep doing it. I tell them rudely, they do it to spite me. Steamies are cancerous.

10. moved to proper section

11. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Maybe you could try asking them lol

12. JoshTG

Same thing happens :'c

13. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Please, for the love of god, don't use drills.

They DO give less stone per block, much less efficient, only one map has enough stone to support drilling

14. Aeynia

Aeynia Obligatory Mute Girl Donator

Give a drill to a skill archer and watch everything fall apart for the enemy.

15. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

I thought you couldn't use a drill while using a grapple

16. I think you can put it in your backpack. Even if you can't grapple with the drill out, you can still climb trees.

17. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Oh definetly, however, give a drill to a builder, watch him pull 10 stone out of a mine worth 200.

Edit: Not literally these amounts, that'd be crazy.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  18. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Just to clarify on this, the rate is half rounded down when mining with a drill than digging it out "by hand" (12 stone per rock with drill and 24 without, 8 gold with drill 20 without).

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Interesting. I didn't actually know that either. I mean it seemed like it was giving less resources but I couldn't be 100% sure. I'll add that into my guide.

TBH if there was a clan war and there were smart builders, they'd make two drills (NO MORE OR LESS) drill the resources they need, drop the drill, and someone else could use it later. Too often I see someone drill ore, then put it in their inventory and walk away. Terrible, drop it for others to use immediately unless you're 100% sure the other people on your team are idiots and will break it.

You realize the archer can't drill and use their grapple at the same time right?

20. JoshTG

most of the time a drill is better in the hands of a knight than a builder

Klokinator likes this.