1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG]' started by LostPix, May 9, 2013.

1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Any idea of how to make the general illumination dissapear? Like, I want to see all the tiles in a map, as in Classic before the dynamic light was implemented.

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

skygradient.png

3. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

Guys.
    photo_dinosaurs.png
    get er done

Guitarman likes this.
  4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

i hope this is not too off topic but i meant something like this, like with no shader:
    no shader.png

this was dued to a lag at processing the shadows i guess. As i'm making some plain textures I would like not to have shader, which does not fill really well, but a specific light made at the different tiles in world.png.

5. Asu

Shadow rendering is coded in C++ ( Not in scripts ) and there is no variable for this. So I guess it's not possible.

6. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

In alpha it were in script of gamemode
    something like shadowing = false

7. Asu

It was not about that, it was about the dark mines.

8. Inferdy

Inferdy Arsonist

I am working on guerrilla (DM class)
    Edit: Stopped to work on it :D

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  9. 8x

Retaking the sprites, got something smoother, but the silhouettes (mainly wooden/stone/mossy backwall that leave holes to see the background) aren't finished.

The first image is a bit older. World.png, skygradient and water have been modified.
    screen-13-11-12-02-09-37.png
    screen-13-11-19-01-19-41.png
    screen-13-11-19-01-36-19.png

I think I'll leave wooden castle and stone/thick stone/gold as they are since they're easy to recognize, but if this goes to an archer only game mode it will change due to aesthetics.

How do you feel the balance is?

Bint likes this.
  10. Capture.PNG

not finishing this just thought it'd be funny and wanted to test something.

8x, JeysonMcfly, jackitch and 4 others like this.
  11. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Getting back into the swing of things after a little break, decided a balance patch was in order after a recent game of KAG.

Platforms
    1. Changed; no placement rotation
    2. Changed; no team damage
    3. Added; team colors
    4. Added; the ability to jump through them from the top
    Notes: Going to add some additional functionality to allow archers to shoot through them from the top. I am also going to add a new block as a dedicated archer loop since you wont be able to rotate platforms.
    Trap Block
    1. Added; stone background
    Notes: Going to change the sprite to be more sneaky and only provide one way movement along with rotation (IE: if you fall into a pit with trap blocks covering the top you wont be able to just jump back out).
    [​IMG]

Will upload the mod to resources tonight with the current changes and the ones posted in notes, will probably add some more from this thread.

Sasquash, Suess, Guitarman and 8 others like this.
  12. 8x

Looks great as always skinney; I see it works as with crates, you can´t* jump downards when standing on them but you can if you come jumping and hold Down.

will you change the grappling hook too?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Contrary likes this.
  13. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

I would like to test out the functionality of a more controlled grappling hook, but that just isn't a priority at the moment.

Been fudging with the darned trap blocks all night and haven't had much luck with creating a one way trap block that works efficiently. Decided to work on some other changes I mentioned earlier, particularly the dedicated archer loop. It is built and placed just like any block from the builder menu, just walk up to one and it works as a one way arrow portal (no more pesky knights slashing through those old makeshift platform archer loops).

[​IMG]

I was planning on releasing it last night but I just didn't finish all the changes and tweaks I had mentioned, expect this soon.

14. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Skinney, I think those One-Way Stone View Ports could easily be called Stone Directional Platforms... Superior in that they are flame-retardants, and can't be slashed, but generally function like current wooden platforms, being strictly One-Way.

15. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I like the idea but isn't this mostly redundant with
    :castle_wall::ladder_bg:
    :stone_door::ladder_bg:
    :castle_wall::ladder_bg:

Edit: Also here's a bunch of hats I made/started on:
    hatsprev.PNG
    I can't say I'm working on it right now exactly but maybe at some point I'll finish these off and add more.

Gurin, 8x, Asu and 3 others like this.
  16. Boea

Boea Such Beta

How about if it's cheaper [~20s/block], and can't be used as a door, it's strongly one-way.
    I suppose a simple weakness is that you can hit through them when they are open? [but, I can only fathom the complaints that would spawn from this]

I wonder what would happen if people balanced more placeables [ie blocks/structures from the build menu] and reactions [making a shop, crafting an item/etc], with making them cost coins?

17. Rocinante

Rocinante Ballista Bolt Thrower

@Contrary
    If I understand correctly, Skinney is saying that knights would not be able to slash you while you're in the portal. So, in spite of what the animation suggests, it's not like a door at all. The portal isn't opening you're just walking into it and the texture changes to indicate this.

Great work. Basically, I would approve of that being implemented in vanilla KAG. It would mitigate the Door Man syndrome of so many archers.

Also, good job with those hats, Contrary. I like the beret. :3 I wish I could learn to make pixel sprites. ::(:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
  18. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

It's as easy as opening MSPaint.

edit: glad you guys like the hats, i have a bunch of other have finished garbage lying around if you'd like to see.

19. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This mod introduces the Combat triangle.

Knights are powerful against Archers.
    Archers are powerful against Mages.
    Mages are powerful against Knights.

The Mage
    is most effective in a group, they are vulnerable to Archers as they cannot shield against Arrows and are ineffective at dispatching Orbs over great distances. Mages are effective against Knights as Orbs knock them back and melt their armor.

Orbs are ammunition. There is a 3 second interval between each shot.

Regular orb:
    Cost: 20C for 20
    Speed: Medium
    Damage: 1/2 Heart

Water orb:
    Cost: 20C for 2
    Speed: Fast
    Damage: None
    Stuns enemies.

Healing orb:
    Cost: 30C for 2
    Speed: Very Fast
    Damage: None
    Heals injured team mates 2 hearts. Essentially the Fire arrow of the Mage.

Bomb orb:
    Cost: 50C for 1
    Speed: Slow
    Damage: 2 Hearts

At close range orbs will knockback Knights. Archers are immune as they don't sit in clunky metal that orbs can melt.

Ability:
    Holding down the right mouse button will make you Invisible temporarily, while invisible you are swifter. You are not invisible on the Minimap and any extra objects attached to you will be visible (flags, arrows etc.). There is a lengthy recharge time.

Note that all of the current class "Abilities" are related in some way to transport. Gliding, grappling and with Invisibility you can move safely and swiftly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    When this is complete (likely to be tomorrow) you will find a server named "Aphelion's CTF with Mages" featuring the mod.

EDIT: Server is up.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    hans_02, Bint and Digger101 like this.
  20. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

Making a pirate texture pack knight is about 75% done

Heres a sneak peak of only 2 days work [​IMG]

Guitarman, 16th and Klokinator like this.