1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Builder's Tools

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Duplolas, Nov 28, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

What I would like to suggest in this thread is very simple.

Add a tool for the builder to cut down trees. I don't mean like the saw or anything like that, I mean an actual axe tool that the builder uses in his tree cutting animations.

Currently he only has two tools. His pickaxe and his hammer. The pickaxe is currently displayed when cutting down trees, mining, and breaking blocks. His hammer is used in the placement of blocks.

I think adding a little axe for the builder to use when he is cutting down trees just makes sense. I really feel it is kind of dumb that he is cutting down trees and breaking up wood logs with a pickaxe.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    Aeroblitzer and Crabmaster like this.
  2. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Makes sense, but does it matter?

Last edited: Nov 28, 2013
    Aeroblitzer and Duplolas like this.
  3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Well it mattered enough that they added a pickaxe for the builder to use. In classic it was simply a hammer. So why not add one for each element of the game?

4. Fucu

Fucu Ballista Bolt Thrower

Fair enough.

Small details can go a long way sometimes. Though I normally wouldn't support something that would just make the game "prettier," it would make a lovely animation to cut away those finer accessories on the beautiful sculpture that is KAG.

Cheers.

Duplolas likes this.
  5. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

No matter how pointless it is I am always for more polished details and aesthetics, so it sounds good to me.

Joiken likes this.
  6. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I like the idea, as people above said, although it may not be a big change, it is a small detail that people may notice.

7. Spec7

Spec7 Tree Planter

Whenever a Builder cuts a tree, a detection should be able to register an Axe animation for hitting trees. Builder is indeed a constitutional class, I don't see why not.

Sprite & Visual
    AxeSprites.png
    AxeSwing.gif

Note: Axe swing animation, 4 frames. Intended to look hitting sideways.

Aeroblitzer and Galabranth like this.
  8. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

That looks pretty cool. A lot better than the pickaxe too.

9. steve_jobs

steve_jobs Bison Rider

tbh, I don't like it. His front foot should not move forward with his body on the third frame, and the axe looks like a machete shaped like a watermelon '~' I think it needs work.

10. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

Nice add it.

11. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Ergh. Anyone bothered to look at official sprites yet? There's an axe cutting animation there.

Joiken likes this.
  12. bring back the hammeraxe from classic

13. They acctually look pretty good. They are probably going to add it

14. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Didn't hear anything about them doing that. I would wait for them to make a post in this thread I guess.

15. Sponncx

Sponncx Builder Stabber

Why not? Its definitely not bad, more of a minor improvement, no reason to argue against it.

Joiken likes this.
  16. If you look onto the game picture on steam there is a builder with an axe :wink:

17. Chaosed0

Chaosed0 Catapult Fodder

I think this matters more than just for visual appeal. When I first started playing, I swung my pickaxe at the ground. "Oh," I thought, "this is a pickaxe. It can dig." I tried left click, and I didn't know what it was, but it sure looked like an axe. It took me forever to figure out how to cut down trees; in fact, I think I only figured it out by accident. Visual details go a long way in teaching people intuitively what things do.

Duplolas and Monsteri like this.
  18. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Very good reasoning. I only thought it matered asteticly, but what you say is even more important.

Mods: Rainbows