1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Griefers can go unpunished in this game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guennor1, Nov 29, 2013.

?

Are you satisfied with the kick/ban system?

1. Yes

21.3%
  2. No

78.7%
  1. Guennor1

Guennor1 Catapult Fodder

I'm seriously pissed off with the kick/ban system in this game. Griefers can go unpunished and roam free laughing their asses off while annoying the hell out of other players.
    I recently posted a screenshot on my steam profile about me thanking a griefer ingame for ruining the round for our team.

And then THE GRIEFER ITSELF MANAGED TO FIND THE SCREENSHOT AND STARTED COMMENTING.
    The griefer in this case is the famous MuckyMuck, that lives for griefing.

He then proceeded to tell me about how broke the kick/ban system is.

Read from the bottom up.
    [​IMG]

I mean, are devs blind or something? In games like these, one of the priorities is to keep griefings from playing the game! They can ruin a lot of people's experiences.

2. Oh look, it's MuckyMuck. Yeah, it's not that he's unbanned, he's a ban evader. And it's up to the admins on the server to ban, for the most part.

3. Guennor1

Guennor1 Catapult Fodder

Yeah. But he said that the ban only lasts a week. So what's the point of banning? He can spend the week ruining others servers and come back later.

4. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

I've raised the same concern many times myself. You'd have to take it up with Furai, who makes the ultimate decisions on these kind of things. I doubt you will change his opinion though.

Beef and BlueLuigi like this.
  5. hahaha, any competent admin would ban him permanently. and also record a video of him griefing and get a global ban for a week+.

its just most servers are run by shitters who have no admins or completely shitty admins who turn out to be children/dont speak english. sad but true

Guitarman and MechaTrickster like this.
  6. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

It's like heron addiction? He gets high from birdwatching?

7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Bans for users who're playing the game through the Steam API don't work. They're working on a work-around though, so he'll be gone sooner or later.

8. JaniKutscher

JaniKutscher Builder Fan Donator

WTF i hate muckymuck ,he destroyed our castle,trolled us an then laughed and left the game.I hope he gets banned for a long time if the ban system works bether.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
  9. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

What does this really means Galen? Guards or Furai can't really ban them?
    This guy is permabanned at Black Death CTF at least, as I caught him yesterday.

@JaniKutscher : i know you've read this several times, but if your pc can manage it, get a video recorder and record him in action. If you can upload it somewhere report it at forums here.

RadioActive likes this.
  10. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

I was speaking about master server bans, which means Furai can't effectively ban them. Server side bans work just fine if people like him have no idea how2proxy.

11. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

I guess he's not. I also banned him several times on Black Death servers. The last one was this night. It seems to me that ban system is just as bad as in the Classic. Also offline bans doesn't work correctly..

Btw. If someone admits to grief, hacking and many people can confirm that I think that you don't need any other evidence to ban him.
    F:anger:k the system in a case like this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
    Beef likes this.
  12. Guennor1

Guennor1 Catapult Fodder

13. Crabmaster

Crabmaster Bison Rider
    1. Zen Laboratories

With Steam came a lot of issues with being able to moderate this game. The Guards and admins are a much smaller percent of the community than they used to be because the community has over doubled since the Steam release...And Steam seems to have some exploits in how the banning system works.

Hopefully this will be resolved over time, but admittedly I will say that something needs done about this system, it isn't all that great.
    Requiring video evidence of a griefer is a bit much, and for me the game lags too hard now days to get any solid video evidence/I don't keep my program open at all times.

Maybe the part of the forum where you can report abusive users needs to be a more noticeable part of the forums and also allow screenshots, if the screenshots are showing at least signs of grief in them it should be marked against the person as being suspicious and they should be added to a "suspicious players" list topic, the more people that screenshot them the more marks they get by their name on this list until they hit the max and are permabanned. This could also help server owners see which users they might want to watch out for or just outright ban.

I could swear there was a topic for ideas like this...but I couldn't seem to find it!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    Bernhardt, crackwise, Aeynia and 3 others like this.
  14. Solomon-Grundy

Solomon-Grundy Shopkeep Stealer

Wow. Devs, any thoughts? I just watched as two griefers (MuckyMuck and Flabby) survived a half dozen vote kicks each. And then they'll just be back tomorrow, or on the next server. Is there not a way to do IP bans?

15. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Honestly, who wouldn't get addicted to that?
    In all seriousness, is anyone maintaining the global blacklist anymore?

16. sammanzhi1

sammanzhi1 Catapult Fodder

Hi guys. I don't know where I could post this other than a griefing thread, so here it is. If this need go elsewhere, please move or delete this post.

That being said, I was just in a match with two members of [DRGN] I belive it was. One of the members was named blue and the other started with an A. At any rate, at the tail end of a game I saw that our team was desperately losing and the opposing team wasn't voting to move to the next map. I will readily admit that I did open the doors for the enemy team to move us on to the next match. It may not have been the right thing to do, but that's what I did.

One member of [DRGN] took issue with this. I argued with him my points but ultimately we just kept to ourselves and played through on the match. When somebody on the opposing team voted to kick an alleged griefer, I voted against. It's my right to vote against, right? It wasn't solely my vote against theirs, there were people besides me voting against. But at any rate, the alleged griefer was not kicked.

That's when Blue from [DRGN] began calling me a faggot, and began griefing my team. For two matches he called me an idiot and a faggot, destroying our base until I apologized for voting against the griefer. Eventually he was booted and his clan mate left with him.

I just wanted to say that it would be nice to have some place in game to report people using hate speech like that. This isn't "Call of Duty." Even if I'm having a disagreement with people I'd hope that I could play without being slurred against in such a manner.

At any rate, I just wanted to clear my name in case they came to the forums with accusations and to suggest that there be some way to report harassment language in the future.

17. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

If you hit [ESC] > Ignore you could mute them from your chat.

18. sammanzhi1

sammanzhi1 Catapult Fodder

Hey thanks! Noted, I was unaware of this feature.

19. crackwise

crackwise Shipwright

We were also very pissed of recently while playing at BEO's CTF server. Some a..hole griefed our tower not once, but TWICE! And kept on posting smileys, so that he made it apparent he did it deliberately.

We couldn't initiate a votekick for him because then immediately he joined the opposing team. He continued playing normal in his new team, as if nothing had happened, denying that he had griefed. More votekicks were cast for him but eventually it didn't reach the enough vote number so he wasn't kicked.

That was just really annoying and I hope they fix the kick/ban system urgently. At least make the votekick so that only one team votes to kick the accused. As it is currently, it doesn't make sense for example to ask the blue's vote to kick someone in the red. Blue is not the team who is griefed so they should not have a say in this matter.

20. One

One I got 99 problems and my name is One Donator Tester

Once they find a work around with the steam bans it should be better, the thing is by increasing the ease of kicking someone it also increases the ease arseholes can abuse it.