1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Poison

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by bru-jaz, Dec 18, 2013.

?

would you like this kind of weapons/material in KAG?

1. Yes, as way you describe it, it would add fun to gameplay.

27 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. No. It would dull the game play

8 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Yes, but no in the near future. KAG doenst need it inmediatly.

6 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. I would like it NOW but changing...

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

*Mhm. if you are infected and you suicide is the same as if whatever kills you, so, it doesnt make the weapon weaker cause it forces you to take an extreme decision. And would be a bad idea if the devs think to add the "tickets" rule again like in classic.
    *If the poison stills in the place would be more easy to spamming: People throw a lot of bombs in their flags/halls so no enemy cand stand for take it. Or just deleting portions of the map to move in, making it less playable.
    But i dont think it's totally negative. It could be fun as a tag-game infection mod.

-----------

In another way i think it would really fun to contaminate objects and throw it to the enemy base.
    I remember when i had "BLACK and WHITE" game. there was a stage where the food of your people is poisoned and you have to destroy it, but i grabbed it and throwed to the towns i didnt conquer already to kill enemy god's people so i can make him weaker. It was fun to watch an entire town die slowly, turning green with *cough* sounds, and then turn into skeletons.
    [​IMG]

Would be nice if can permanently poision animals like fish, or food as hamburgers ...damn, even corpses and throw it with your cata.
    Contaminating corpses:
    I just realized that you can put things in the corpse's backpack.
    So, what do you think about putting the hypothetical posion bomb in it, then the corpse get green and it works like a normal mine but when an enemy stomps it (if he doenst destroy it from a little distance) it blows up without the pushing explotion but with the same poisoned gas as the bomb.
    I think it could be very fair and fun cause, c'mon, how many complete dead bodies you can find?
    What do you think? would be difficult to make/use?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    BlueLuigi likes this.
  2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I like your idea alot with the direct damage, I think that if any idea of disorientation/effect arrow were to come into place an AoE one that effectively acts as area control would be best (shoot it at someone/ground [does default arrow damage to said person/infects them]), the area where it hit releases a slow cloud of poison that grows to something like a 5x3~8x4 area where it poisons anything that enters (Let's say instead of lasting as long as the direct poison it lasts 2 seconds for every second you were inside of it). (Hitting both teams perhaps with a bigger delay of activation to the friendly team) would be okay here.

bru-jaz likes this.
  3. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Wow, such good ideas. Kinda like what @ZeldaMarioDude proposed.
    I didnt said anything about hitting both teams because it could open a debate if it could be used for intentionaly team killing.
    But i think it deeply and the fact is that you can't ever avoid mean players, or just bad ones. The game cant take charge of everything, we, players, must take some part of the responsibility of playing decently and dont make stupid things.
    What i think should the Poisoned Arrow as you said:
    • If hits directly: arrow damage + infection . One target , no dispersion.
    • If hits ground: arrow stays as a destructible object + harming green fog (4x4)= Hurt both teams if where inside of the area, no infection.
    • The arrow in the ground could be destroyed by everyone to end the gas release.

*Im not sure what AoE means... i only could find it as "Age of Empires" (?)

4. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

I say no to arrow in ground producing fog, thats too strong. Just have it damage over time. Also AOE means area of effect

bru-jaz and BlueLuigi like this.
  5. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I think this:
    green gas_arrow Tiles: 4x4 in ground, 2x4 if horizontaly in wall. Hurts anyone of both teams if where inside of the area, no infection. Lasts 10 seconds
    It should only lasts 10 seconds and would have short "aoe". It wouldn't poison, just harm...mmm 1/4 hearh each 2 seconds? if you think, it wouldnt be powerful. Just one additional weapon

6. BlueLuigi

Not sure, it might indeed be too strong as I proposed it as an AoE, maybe your idea of using bodies is better for that as it does both area denial (if you walk to corpse without checking/killing you will be hurt, so bodies deny the area without being careful) and aren't as OP.

7. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Well, if you say so. By the way, what's OP... something like "over powered"? because some guy toldme that is "original poster"

8. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

It means both.
    Original Poster - if they are referring to a specific person. Example: The OP has a good idea
    Original Post - of they are just referring to the first post. Example: Maybe such and such should be removed from the OP since it's not relevant anymore.
    Overpowered - if they are referring to how strong something is. Example: OMG Class OP plz nerf

As far the topic is concerned. I do think most people destroy corpses anyways, so maybe instead of poisoned corpses affecting you when you pass them, have them affect you if you destroy them? I unno really, just a thought.

bru-jaz likes this.
  9. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

No, you cannot have a arrow that would make a trap, it would just be too good. Unless it costed as much as a bomb arrow or something.

10. BlueLuigi

Price can always be negotiated after it's use and changed to suit it if so, but it might be too strong even though, an equivalent to a Keg in price might do it in that case, maybe 100g.

I don't know how much money archers usually make though, I haven't played it enough.

11. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Yes, i like that. It seems more fair and unpredectible.

M... i dont share your point. Same thing could be sayied of the mines, for builders and archers are difficult to destroy in some way (knights can just shield it and let it explode) and only costs 80 coins.
    Bear in mind that the hypothetical arrow could be destroyed with one jab, two strikes of the builder, one shoot or two of the archers. Lasts only 10 seconds (if 1/4 of damage each 2 secs = one heart and a quarter if you stay the whole time!) i dont think that it sounds strong. Anyways, until we try it in a server, we cant know if it is or not.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  12. BlueLuigi

If you need a server to test it on let me know and I can set it up and throw it on.

bru-jaz likes this.
  13. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Wow, thanks. Glad there're many nice people in here

14. H3llO

H3llO Shopkeep Stealer

Poison is a nice idea, but I wonder ... nobody suggested that before?

if I ever have the time and passion for modding, I think im going to add poison to my initial idea of the samurai mod I want to do. Poison as a coating for the katana and maybe as upgrade for smokebombs.
    Code:
    short Overview "Samuraimod"
    -Samurai as 4th class
    -Weapon: Katana
    -Items: Smokebomb from bombshops, coating from coatingshop
    Attacks:
    *Lclick- fast cuts (short distance)
    *Rclick- slow thrust (higher distance)
    *Lclick hold- do a slash while moving fast in the direction (more chargin= more distance, more dmg )
    Coatings : (for temporary improvments)
    -poison for either preventing enemy restoring health or doing slowly extra dmg

15. jim972601714

jim972601714 Catapult Fodder

I like to see this item and water arrow/boom become one new item.
    Also this can make more people go eat hamburgers. XD

bru-jaz likes this.
  16. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

I would do it by myself before my holidays ends, but i dont know anything, and i also tried to add a war animal mod (an elephant) with no succsess. (I tried over and over to understand the ulegible codes from the .as files and i cant make anything new). Id just changed the bison sprite... :(

Gurin and BlueLuigi like this.
  17. Fantaso

Fantaso Catapult Fodder

I love poison.

18. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

but now it just seems be buried

19. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

How much does the green gas arrow damage you by? Does water neutralise the effects?

20. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Poison bombs doing damage through shields is not a great idea. Knights already hate that water bombs can stun them through a shield, but a radial explosion of poison gas that does damage even if you block? They would be really, really upset.

I like the idea in general, but people will rage at it if damage goes through shields.

Mods: Rainbows