1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Aphelion's Servers

Discussion in 'Server Directory' started by Aphelion, Nov 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Hey look at the state of the world.

2. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

God fucking dammit, Obama. :I

3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

This is who we need.
    Couldn't we just cap their tent, or activate ticket mode on their tents when we get there?

My main problem is when people start wars against benign races.
    There is no efficient way to break a needless war, or to prove a war is needless.
    Either one race is blood thirsty, or the other is a twat.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2014
  4. Raelian

Raelian Bison Rider

So true. I've been present in numerous wars on this server and once we managed to defeat our foes (base destroyed, spawn camping them a bit to emphasize their defeat and make them realize they lost) there's always some dumbass that doesn't wish to surrender and aim for peace. Instead he/she keeps fighting and dying, dragging along everyone else in their team.

At one point we defeated the elves and kept trying to persuade them to vote for peace but, in comes some dumbass and starts shouting to get off of elf lands because of rule number 2. Seriously? We've just destroyed your whole base, are now spawn camping you because you still want to continue the senseless war and then you're still stupid enough to bring up rule number 2 as a reason to continue? Some people really are complete twats and have no common sense whatsoever.

I believe there should be a clear arbitrary way of telling who won a war and who lost it. Perhaps adding a ticket counter to the two races that are at war? Each start with 10 times their player number and once the tickets reach zero, both factions are set to neutral and a global message appears stating who won the war and who lost.

5. king-george

king-george Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I have heard blueluigi is a very popular griefer...just a thing i have heard...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2014, Original Post Date: Jan 11, 2014 ---
    The bush seed is invisible..

6. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Bush seed? George Bush? :O
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 11, 2014 ---
    I feel like that would be our best bet. Put in tickets so it's like some sort of Mini-team deathmatch.

7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

And then restrict the two teams from declaring war from each other for a set time.
    Any further aggression before the timer clocks out is considered a violation of Rule 3, the general Anti-Greifing Rule.

Another consideration would be the ability to exile people from a race, and restricting their rights.

8. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Or just straight up have a system where if someone votes for another War for some reason in that set time.. that player gets sent to the exiled race... where everyone can hate them for a pretty long time.

9. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

Yes I wasn't here for have of it because I was taking an explosive shit, and I did not insult the goblins....

10. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

I need to know the reasons for WHY you should start a war. I'm sick of having to be in a race, minding my own business, taking care of a baby bison, all of a sudden, "WAR ON DWARVES CAUSE THEY SUCK COCK AND I WANT TO FIGHT AND SHIT AND THERE WAS ONE IDIOT WHO RK'ED THAT'S DEFINETELY AN ACT OF WAR." or, "HE GRIEF!!! HE WAR US!!! WE KILL!!!"

11. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

version 3.0 coming today, lots of surprises!

12. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Popular griefer? You do realize I'm a moderator, tester, and hosted some of the more popular servers in classic right? Or do you mean you heard from people like crawfish? Hearing is nothing without substance behind it.

Some ideas for war, although I bet Aphelion already has some good ideas regarding that:
    1)Tickets created solely for the war
    2)Both teams must agree to end the war
    3)Timer on recreating war
    4)Entering a reason for declaring war that gets put into a log file so that it can be referenced later
    5)Same for declaring end of war (And it should be visible on the vote if so)

13. wilpin7

wilpin7 Lewd~ Donator
    1. KAG Competitive League

I'll never understood why people always brag about war, if someone is doing something your whole team doesn't like (not just your ego) then there could be a war if the reason is good enough and if one team is clearly outnumbered/outpowered they should just stop whinning and peace with the other team who probably got some gold killing those minecrafters/bad knights/outnumbered peoples. And why can't admins just make some kind of 'force peace' between two races that finished a war, even if some peps in both races are being cry-babies and not wanting peace.

But still, without war this server would be a little boring and way too minecrafty for some people and they would just quit. Other then that I'm really exited for version 3.0 25252525 Ponies are gonna rock rocks!

14. Ninja12

Ninja12 Haxor

Invite only rp server. Only for the people who actually rp, not just fancy shopped war.

15. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Or the could make some good defences like the minecrafters they are.

I remember back when I RPed, and I was elves (This was on classic) We were the worst builders. Having only wood and backwall, and no doors.

I made some goddamn awesome towers. Since Elves were the best archers. They mostly consisted of drop traps straight down, slow movement up, and how you can shoot anyone who wants to get into your base from the top.

Was fucking fun.

16. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Admins could use a way to both see the current relation of all factions and to force a relation between certain factions. Maybe a spreadsheet viewable from admin menu of some sort?

[​IMG]

Edit: PS, I know they're stock images that every RP server uses, but the colors for the races (When you want to teamswap) don't match up to the colors for the races in the TAB menu and they don't seem to match up to that races' colors in the chat.

Example:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Proposal:
    1. Alter the hue for each image by using gimp to make the races their correct color in the teamswap menu.
    2. Make the chat colors darker because right now two races are very difficult to see in that light color chatbox.
    3. I'd like it if admins had bolded text as all races and especially as spectator, because if I spectate to catch someone doing something bad, my text is the same color as a system message and so most people can't/won't even see it. I usually go Dwarf just so I have red text that's easily visible.

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Best archers because of +1h, and probably a boon to fletching.

Bush seeds, I can actually see them. :/
    I would like for there to be an ability to make dirt blocks, I don't care about any disadvantages you want to put on them; make them into a crafting item, non-stack-able, and non-store-able, much like with Bunny Infection.
    I just want to make a green house in a nice place.

As far as the relation grid, I think I have an idea what to do.
    [Keep the Admin's race on the far-left/right of the matrix, or embolden it]
    [For size/simplicity's sake, make it a small grid with overlapping colors, and symbols]

Anyways, I'd recommend using the Sundered Kingdom team symbols for the 4 races, but just for the love of god, don't use Nodin, it's gaudy, and a wolf would look cooler.~

18. Mryup

Mryup Catapult Fodder

EPIC SERVER
    Just add subs .-.

19. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The ironic part is that you are using RP here in the context of sandbox, which is what you actually mean, a no grief sandbox server, because that's what you want. Half of you `RP players` (same crap on VanHuek's), don't RP, and believe that everyone plays black and white, either 'war mongers' or 'hippies', when in reality RP should encompass all points of life, and war is part of it, especially when people insult you and you are a proud race who don't need no interrace love.

Ah that was always great, when I would play archer on Vanhuek', I'd go elf and act like the forest elves in Tolkien's universe, basically ignore everything outside of my borders, but don't mess with my stuff. (especially trees).

20. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Apparently the Humans were offended I would take time out of my day to send them half a crate of bread, about 48h/24p.

Past that, everything was inconsequential.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.