1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Moderator applications/list

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Aphelion, Dec 15, 2013.

1. redseven

redseven Builder Stabber

So, uh, hi I'm Redseven and I'd like to be an admin on your roleplay servers. I want to because almost every time I come on the servers when an admin's not on, there's always pointless wars, greifing, and random killers all over.
    I want to stop that as much as I can.
    I play on your servers whenever I can, and sometimes just sit there hitting the refresh button until a spot is open. (This server is like the only one I find enjoyable for some reason @_@)
    I've lightly interacted with most of the admins now and then, and I'm pretty sure some of them at least know who I am.
    I don't really like to be a party pooper, and if there's some little joke between two races that involved someone getting killed, I don't care. But if someone just walks up to a neutral or race allied to them with a keg, and topples down a pretty large section or all of their base, that I hate. (That has actually happened in my experiences on the servers.)
    I like to have fun and joke around, and I'm not to serious personality wise, but I do take administrating
    seriously. I haven't been an admin on any KAG servers before, But I've done it on some other games and on some websites.

Well that's about it I think, and have a good day. ::):
    ~Redseven

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  2. yummyyoyo

yummyyoyo Catapult Fodder

Hi Aphelion, I'm sick of all those rotten teeth griefers and dirty mouthed people i realy want to help out to protect the server from these kind of people because they ruin the whole game like some ppl might rk at the start of a match then start to grief, i hate that and i wan them banned, it would mean alot if u could make me an admin so i could help keep the server clean and no one should be facing problems with griefers,thx for looking at this hope u can consider me :)

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I am not the owner of Aphelion's servers but I've been with him the longest and I'm going to answer in his stead about these things.

We have too many admins as-is right now. Just because they aren't on 24/7 doesn't mean anything. In this instance, rather than saying "If only I were admin" you should take a snapshot of the griefer in action and report him. Then we say "Wow this guy keeps reporting griefers and he seems reliable. Take note to everyone else who responds after my post in this thread, we don't need more admins unless you actually demonstrate the capacity to report these things on your own.

That being said, I think you (Jake) seem all right and were we not overflowing with admins I'd consider making you an admin.

You don't seem to want admin for the right reasons, therefore I'm going to say rejected. Also your english is rather bad and this is an english speaking server. If you can't put effort into making your application readable then why would we expect you to put effort into your admin duties? That last bit about the ponies also betrays your real reason for wanting admin.

Take screenshots, as I mentioned above. If you take screenshots and report griefers reliably the chances of getting admin are much higher than not doing so.

You are probably never going to get admin here. Sorry.

Again, reporting these people (With screenshots!) is a bigger help then a general statement of "I see people doing bad things". Personally though I'd give you a 7/10 shot at being an admin here, if a position opens up and you demonstrate reporting competancy.

Your description of other people who play kag for fun (I can't stand griefers either but insulting them is very unprofessional and not the image of an admin we want on our server) is very rude. Rejected. Also your English is terrible and I am going to go gouge out my eyes now.

Good day.

4. yo klokinator, couple things :)

1. If you don't set a certain format for admin apps people will always present themselves differently
    2. The part about the ponies was a joke since he posted on my profile xD
    3. Expecting someone to post in an admin list for reasons other then catching griefers and hackers is highly unlikely.

:P I'll make another one soon :)

5. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Can i still atleast make another app.
    My first one was bad and i would like to make a better one explaining more about me and my other admin duties

6. Aphelion

Aphelion Wunderkind Donator
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Y don you capitalize your I's?

7. chris_has_skills

chris_has_skills Shipwright

Take screenshots, as I mentioned above. If you take screenshots and report griefers reliably the chances of getting admin are much higher than not doing so.

Ok cool, where do I report them?

8. How long do I play: Everyday, It depends. Anywhere from 2-4 hours

Which well known servers have you been admin on before? Potato's' servers, Cat and mouse ( Hosted by nova pixel) Chidori's creative server. Chrissf server, hardcore rtdm server, ffs pillow tree zombie server, konfiturs rtdm.

Did I get admin because I am simply owner or friend of owner? No, all of them I was chosen because People know me well on KAG, They know that I am trustworthy, friendly, and punish fairly

How long was I admin? Only cat and mouse, but I am very well trusted and one of the 3 only admins on that server.

Was my admin status ever removed, if so, why? No

Do you have any recommendations from guards, server owners, or other notable people? Yes, many actually. I'll list them all here and they will all post a reply saying i'm trustworthy: Joiken, Nova pixel, PhTechcube, Godly knight, Webkinz96647, Chrissf, Skelly, eric999, killerazz, blueleaf123, Kater, metroid. Other people also....

I'm known on Kag as a very nice, reasonable person. I promise never to abuse my powers. Thank you.

9. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I could name at least 5 places you could report griefers for this server (Aph's inbox, the main thread on the forums, a thread in this clan section, one of the threads for reporting griefers, etc.) but I feel like the fact that you have to even ask shows you aren't even trying.

Okay I'm tired of being nice, Eragon.

You. Aren't. Getting. Admin. Here.

My top two choices for admin out of the applicants in this thread are Redseven and Fredmay. And that's assuming we clear out a few spots. Personally I have three people that I think should go but I'm not gonna step on anyone's toes or name names unless Aph pm'd me for my opinion. No reason to start drama.

P.S. Fredmay I changed my opinion about you because you actually seem like a decent level headed guy.

10. chris_has_skills

chris_has_skills Shipwright

Sorry when I looked at the social forum I didn't see it, I was just making sure.

11. P.S. bronies are never level headed.... The fact that some walk around with the ban hammer of justice is not a good thing FYI

recommendations :D https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/fredmay20.17651/

12. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Joiken thinks you're "thrustworthy", eh? Bend over.

13. My simple pony mind cannot grasp around if that fact is sarcasm at its' finest or not ;-;

14. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

15. icemaverick

icemaverick Catapult Fodder

Aphelion, is there any particular reason why I no longer have administrative privileges on the server?

16. Aphelion

1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I felt you were too inactive, I also needed to cleanup the admin list.

17. icemaverick

icemaverick Catapult Fodder

... Okay then. I can't argue with a feeling I suppose... But now since I no longer have any duties/responsibilities to make sure people are behaving, I can actually play the game now, because KAG was becoming a task for me. I got on once or twice a day, and stayed on for an hour or so to make sure everything was hunky dory, then popped back off when I had to go to class or do some test online. I didn't actually roleplay anymore, because I was too busy just spectating everybody and making sure everybody was behaving.

So, while I was waiting for a reply to my post, I thought about it and I'm am glad to be relieved of my duty, because it was just that: a duty. When playing as an Admin, I was getting silently annoyed at the other admins who spent more time playing than doing their job, often letting players through the cracks and allowing them to bend and break the rules but I understand why now. Doing their job isn't fun. It's not fun in the least. If I can get back to joining the rabble and actually playing the game rather than worrying about players misbehaving, I'm more glad for it. (Though now I have to worry about Admins misbehaving, which I'm already seeing with some of their powers)

Even though I can no longer do anything about the players I catch beyond making a passive-aggressive post about it, that's perfectly fine. Since my (even busier than last semester) spring semester is starting up, I'm no longer forced to use part of my limited time to Admin for a few hours and I can get back to roleplaying for once, or maybe play some TTH or CTF, which I haven't touched since I was assigned as an Admin because i felt obligated to be here instead. And now, without being an Admin, I no longer have to silently abide the immersion-breaking sprite choice for Admins. (Seriously. That hurts to look at. Make them flying God-Knights with awesome hair or something. Literally any other choice would be better.)

So all in all, thank you Aphelion for dismissing me because now I can actually use my time to play KAG again and on other servers outside of this one.

18. crawfish

crawfish Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think fredmay might be good, but I have and several other admins have kicked Redseven for rking and griefing.....

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

...you could already do that before though :/

If you think I just play roleplay all day long everyday, get outta town.

20. IMAFRIGGINGUYDUDES

IMAFRIGGINGUYDUDES Catapult Fodder

Ugh wanted to be an admin before ponies. Now there's going to be at least 70% more people asking to be an admin. Wow.......