1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Does KAG require teamwork

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oblex, Jan 7, 2014.

1. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

True running in one by one is useless i'm just pointing out that oblex says ppl blindly run into battle without assigning a plan (sounds kinda like someone would have to type something out), which doesn't happen.

Trumbles likes this.
  2. hierbo

hierbo Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

@sheek
    It doesn't happen because it doesn't have to. There was a time in this game where teamwork was required in order to make any progress at all. When that was the case, teamwork emerged. It didn't usually take the form of elaborate schemes, just simple things like people waiting for support before charging, knights laddering, etc.

Now, teamwork is not required. It is possible to get successful results just striking out on your own as a one man army, so that's what people do. Sure, teamwork still yields better results, but it requires more patience than many players can be troubled with, and is often not enough better to be the compelling choice, so they go with the less effective, but more "right now" approach of charging the enemy alone.

If there was a greater difference in results between teamwork and just going it alone, you'd see much more teamwork, I promise you.

epenow and Sir_Walter like this.
  3. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Ok im getting to the point where I think people are taking my posts the wrong way, no matter how many I post. Yes, knights going out one by one is a fucking terrible idea. That is basically the only thing you guys have said to try and contradict what i'm saying.....AND I AGREE WITH THAT!!!

@hierbo did you even read my post above yours? Cause you definitely just wasted your time trying to prove me wrong.

4. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Such misunderstanding

hierbo and Sir_Walter like this.
  5. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Oh....well maybe a simple "I agree w/ sheek" would have better clarified things than 3 paragraphs to basically say 4 words...oh well::D:

6. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

It really depends on who your playing with, like if I ever play with close friends or cooprative players we can usually figure out some strategy plus quick orders like "surround him" or "hold em off" which most players would be able to type in less than 2 seconds but if ur playing with nubs and those who think its smart to jump into 10 knights on their own and that they'll magically kill them all with super powers and an enlarged ego, depending on how ur opponents are going, your screwed. So long story short it really depends on how cooprative your team is

Invisibility and Sir_Walter like this.
  7. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

but you can do that pretty easily tbh if you have height or the timing for it. I usually just play on servers like lk or hierbo because I can usually form a quick plan with just emotes. Working with people like @JoshTG or @kedram is so satisfying when I can light a bomb and they jump over with me with some unspoken efficiency.

Apronymous, Beef and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  8. JoshTG

JoshTG Ballista Bolt Thrower

9. potatomcwhiskey

potatomcwhiskey Undercover Griefer Donator Tester

Does KAG require teamwork?

No.

Will you in more often if you work together?

Yes.

To explain more in depth - You don't need 5 people to make workshops or tunnels, and you can probably win without them. But people using those workshops, tunnels and defenses increases your chance to win.

Its the difference between needing[From a mechanical standpoint] two people to solve a puzzle, and having a puzzle solvable by one person but faster if two people are solving it.

Just my take.

Invisibility likes this.
  10. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

@OP, doesn't require teamwork, proven when @Arcrave @Radpipe and myself held off against a full server for 20 minutes as the only 3 players on blue team.

In fact, the less retarded and floaty islandly a map is, and the more flat it is, the less teammates I need for a victory. You don't need teamwork in KAG, you just need teammates to watch the areas enemies are coming from that you can't cover. I don't ever have to work together, communicate, or even SEE the other player(s) covering their side, they just have to exist and stay alive.

TEAMWORK is NOT having people exist on your team just doing stuff. When 2 knights win the game.

TEAMWORK is:
    [​IMG]

FuzzyBlueBaron, sheek and hierbo like this.
  11. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Basically the answer to this thread in a nutshell.

12. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Boxpipe, you are amazing. Join me, and Empho (wuusup) on Aphe's RP.

13. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

Ummmm isn't it teamwork to help cover the areas ur teammates can't? Since ur working as a team to cover more ground...

14. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

No thats just called working together.

15. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

teamwork = working together -.-

16. JTG

JTG Bison Rider Tester

Consider the fact that if two knights with equal skill collided, on equal footing, with equal items it is a 50/50 result as to who wins. Since all of our classes and things we are capable of are symmetrical. The only difference between two players would be skill, latency, and their teams help.

It is only with the addition of other classes, and knights to that mix where it changes, and one side may gain an advantage over the other. You can kill as many poor players as you desire, rush and such. When you run into a equal wall only your cooperation will give you the victory.

In essence, I consider public matches of KAG nothing more than casual play, and nothing to be taken seriously in regards of the actual balance of this game. (But it has been factored in regarding a few design decisions)

Sir_Walter likes this.
  17. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

That was sarcasm good sir. Im not 5.

18. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Even if you work together, it doesn't mean you are cohesive, much like a team.

19. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Why beta suffers from lack of need for teamwork is in my opinion the way knights deal with buildings and how that's changed. Bomb jumping is first, the fact that bomb jumping is an easy thing that allows double even triple bomb jumps. Compared to the old bomb jumping that very few could knights ability to get past buildings has been extreamly increased that combod with the fact that sheild glide has been buffed a TON in beta means that knight has such a higher ability to bypass buildings.

Beelzebub and Smithyman like this.
  20. Smithyman

Smithyman Haxor

Hmm actually now that I think about it ur right, working together doesn't necessarily mean teamwork like in kag the whole team is working together since they're on the same team but it doesn't mean they're using teamwork