1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Cannot Login

Discussion in 'Help' started by rocker2, Jan 19, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. rocker2

rocker2 Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

I am unable to log into kag on my computer, and the newsfeed and updates are not coming in. I already posted about this within another thread, but got no responses.

On the standalone, I get:

AE curl error in getMyInfo(): SSL connect error

On the steam version, I have the problem where the Steam API fails to auth and then I cannot login.

I'm running osx 10.9.1 - Before I upgraded from 10.6.8 kag worked. I do not have parental controls on and the clock on my comp is set correctly (that seemed to be causing the problem for some other users)

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

So are you able to play when you dont start KAG with Steam?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Sicarii Donator
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Have you tried deleting the appverison.txt and resesting your modem? i had the exact same problem your having and that combo seemed to work for me.

4. rocker2

@Downburst - No, I can't play on either of the versions, as I get "AE curl error in getMyInfo(): SSL connect error" when starting kag without steam.

@-Tj- I have already tried deleting version.txt, but kag still does not update. The funny thing is, I've found that when I reinstall kag, the new program actually does not have a version.txt file, which is strange. I'll try reseting my modem when I get home.

5. Downburst

You have to update with forceupdate.bat. But that shouldn't work if you can't connect to the internet. I guess you have some sort of antivirus or firewall that's blocking KAG from connecting to the internet.

6. rocker2

@Downburst Ehh, BAT files are patchy on Mac, as they aren't technically supposed to work. To the best of my knowledge, I do not have any firewall or antivirus running. Is there anything else that might cause the error that I was getting?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  7. Downburst

Oh I forgot you were on a mac...

Well, something is making sure KAG can't connect to the internet (if it really doesn't load the twitter feed and doesn't update). So it has to be some kind of antivirus or firewall.

8. rocker2

I figured out what it is - As it turned out, parental controls on a different account also cause the error. In my case, all I had to do was turn off all parental controls and restart the computer, and kag was fixed.

Can someone lock this please?

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey