1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[935] I tried to build.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by buboe, Nov 10, 2013.

1. buboe

buboe Builder Stabber

[​IMG]

Now i'm wondering if I failed.

asger75 and JPD like this.
  2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

It's OK, but consider user more stone as right now you can put in on fire easily.

3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Honestly, that's a waste of good wood.

4. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

I agree with Mazey, with fire arrows so easy to access having a building built out of a majority of wood, or in this case, all wood it is not a good idea at all. One smart archer can take down the whole building!

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

You mean one archer.

The walls are paper thin, so it isn't hard to get in, and now they have access to all three Class Workshops.
    The directional platforms face upwards, so an archer can shoot arrows [including fire arrows] at anyone on that hoarding; alternatively, it makes the job of anyone trying to scale the wall easier, because archers on the hoarding can't shoot down, and bombs can land on top of platforms.

6. RogueCupcake

@Boea Well some archers just would not know that you can use fire arrows, new steam players?

7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

It doesn't make anyone clever if they know that there are workshops that special items can bought from, and that there are workshops for each class.
    [If that were the case, then the community has a severe learning disability]
    They'll learn there is special ammo when they are the victims of it.

It does not take many archers to burn down a building, just one.
    More often than not, they forget there is a kitchen, since healing doesn't really matter for people that die like flies.

8. board browsing so hard

move to the proper subforum

9. Tulvar

Tulvar Catapult Fodder

I'm was a so called "new steam user" but a long time gamer. I figured out fire arrows in heartbeat.

10. RogueCupcake

Ok, well I know about 4 new steam players that were spamming chat about it. "HOW DO I GET FIRE ARROWS!???"
    So annoying. It happens though.

11. AsIPutOnMyWizRobes

AsIPutOnMyWizRobes Catapult Fodder

Yeah, this is a waste of wood. You even have double the shops needed. Which, even though this can easily be burned down, could've been used for thicker walls. I mean, atleast it would take longer for them to get in since they're thicker. xD

12. Make it out of stone, narrow its width and height, and you've got a passable structure. Walls facing toward the enemy should be thicker.

13. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Enemy ignorance doesn't negate the fact that the whole thing could burn down in 7 seconds flat. It wants at least the enemy side and a lot of the top covered in stone. Even then, a bomb arrow+fire arrow combo would render it inert.

14. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Seems very minecrafty.
    What's the point of a shaped roof. It also has a house shape. Useless in war.

15. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Another thing, having two of every shop is utterly pointless. The only reasons I'd ever do this are:

1. Multiple strategic locations for each shop (One knight shop at spawn, one at forward tower)
    2. To quickly spam shops for coins so I can purchase an early ballista. And yes, I do this all the time. 30 coins per shop (You don't have to classify them, just build the infrastructure for each shop and then for 50 wood more you can add knight/archer/whatever but you won't get coins so it's a waste of 50 wood.)

16. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Add stone to prevent "lolfirehahaha", get rid of the space between the shops, stop building more than one of the same kind of shop in close proximity, don't leave a gaping hole in one side of the building for bombjumpers, make the walls a bit thicker, line the whole thing with spikes, aaaand, you've got yourself a decent defense.

If you're wondering about aesthetic, it looks nice enough. But for use in-game? Ha. Thing won't last ten seconds.

17. :bomb:

One bomb.

That's all it would take for the unholy fiends to blast through your doors.

If one could compare this with a sword, it could be called "unwieldy".

Maybe make columns made of stone width 2 blocks width. Some spikes near the entrance could be useful too. An added overhang is great against the scaling archers.

18. orange_otter_01

orange_otter_01 Ballista Bolt Thrower

FIREEE:chicken:KEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!:chicken::camping::camping::camping::camping::camping::camping::water_bomb::water_bomb::water_bomb:EEEEEK!!!:chicken:!!!!!!!!!!:noburu::chicken::camping::camping:FIREFIREFIR:chicken:EFIRE:bucket::bucket::bucket::bucket::bucket::bucket:ARR:chicken:RRRRRRG!IMONF:chicken:IRE!!!:camping:

you would be shouting this in a second while your enemy is doing this:

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

in short its a waste of protein like these guys: :migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant::migrant:

no offence its the ugly truth

19. CoD

CoD Haxor

To be quite frank, to the point and brutally honest with you it's a waste.

My suggestions for the tower are:
    • Either checker the walls with stone and wood or add an outer wall of stone.

• Make it narrower and smaller.

• Take away one of each workshop, two of each is not necessary.

• Take away some of the wood on the top ( you could do a lot better with all that wood on the side ).

• Either double the doors or put in stone doors instead.

Good effort though, keep trying.

short_round likes this.
  20. wow, got enough emotes there?