1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1026] Warboat tower?

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by BanakaI1, Feb 12, 2014.

1. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Today I was playing TTH and the map got flooded. Both teams had warboat so there was alot of naval warefare going on. Then I get to the other side and see this monstrosity.

[​IMG]

There was someone shooting us with the mounted bow when we walked up and knights were spilling out of it. We had almost climbed it but then a builder built that quick little wall in front (which blocked the mounted bow) Then when we had almost broken through it everyone jumped in and speeded towards our base. This caused it to be flooded (As with what had happened to the hall you can see behind the boat if you look closely)

A warboat forward tower. Someone threw together this in the spur of the moment so it could definitely be better. If I built something like this I'd build platforms in the front all the way down. (with stone backwall) and then expand the area above the mounted bow up. And then obviously I'd use some stone.

I think it's kinda neat. Works as a spawn point, mounted bow, storage, and can just leave it's port and start attacking.

2. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

Looks pretty cool- I've never thought of using boats as part of a construction (I mostly just derp around with dinghies when I use them at all :P)

3. i did something similar before: fortified warboat parked in some distance from the shore, so the enemy cant go below or above it or try to capture it. this made for excellent forward base. unfortunately both my design and the one from OP are doomed to be fucked up by some retarded teammate that decides to drive the warboat through own fortifications and hand it to the enemy. thats why i thought of creating a mod that would allow dropping anchor to immobilise vessels

4. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Yeah that's basically what happened. It was funny watching the builder trying to fortify it while his whole team just ditched him and ran the warboat into the hall.

5. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I was that builder xD

BanakaI1, Klokinator and norill like this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I smell anchors.

epenow likes this.
  7. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

Every time I fortifying around a warboat, my teammates just ram it through the walls I'm building and let it get captured five minutes later... ::(:

8. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

That's because 90% of kag players have a lower iq than a sperm whale

9. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Would it act similar to how immobilizing siege units work.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    norill likes this.
  10. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

If you could immobilize warboats temporarily, this would actually be a really cool way of building forward towers.

Archers can shoot out from the inside of the boat itself, it's got around the same storage size as a hall in TTH, a siege weapon could also be attached to the boat, and so on.

If you're doing this in CTF, you can abuse the vehicle tunnel bug to warp your warboat from one body of water to another, giving you a chance to escape if your fortification got overrun, or the boat was close to sinking.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  11. GreenLich

GreenLich Catapult Fodder

seems really cool. i already imagine a naval frotress. and just wondering but if you can make a tower on the boat can you also build catapult and balista on it. that had to be so funny. a launch base on the water::P: