1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Anime general

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by 10110100101, Mar 10, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

please no, log horizon may be okay but that is all

This is the best.

2. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

WarrFork Confirmed for French canadian tier tastes.

Log horizon is pretty amazing. I still think .//hack is the best of the 'MMO' genre animes, but most of them so far have been pretty good. SAO had a lot of big flaws however.

3. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

I'm fine with that one but
    [​IMG]

butterscotch and Hawxx like this.
  4. BlueLuigi

Please explain what's bad about it.

The idea behind the MMO itself portrayed in the game is great (just like .//hack's was), and so far in the anime it's been pretty great.

In fact, the mangaka's other manga Maoyu is pretty fucking great too. Once I saw it was him who made it I was pretty sure it would be good.

5. Infiniterising

Infiniterising Amorous Duelist Donator

Anyone able to recommend any anime not just containing a school, but the story revolves around it quite a bit?
    Seen: "Mayo Chiki", "Infinite Stratos", "Aria the Scarlet Ammo", "Medaka Box" and "Angel Beats".
    Better if a bit of harem is put into the blender too.

Watched a bit of "School Days", including the last 10 minutes. 25252525 I don't know why people found it disturbing.

6. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

the babby was a lie

if you want romance shit, white album 2 or golden time are decent starters

Apronymous likes this.
  7. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

erm, Kateikyo Hitman Reborn has some badass fight scenes and good character development, if you're willing to endure a few episodes of filler at the beginning- also Blue Exorcist is awesome, and Angel Beats is good if you're looking for something to make you cry

8. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

lol, is the beginning really filler? I was kinda shocked when I first started it and then suddenly at episode 20, boom all the comedy out the window. It's sort of like a weird transition from not-so-serious-action/comedy-anime into serious-action-anime. Even though it was really good afterwards, it had really nice character development like you said, even some of the fillers are good. Never read the manga though, would be good if the anime continued :c

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenjho_Tenge
    bit different but alright
    i enjoyed it but definately wont be rewatching

10. Sir_Walter

yess, I need more :D
    as response to your first point, it's basically like two animes rolled into one, with the same characters. Depends what you're looking for.

Hawxx likes this.
  11. Draco1991

Draco1991 Haxor

Bleach
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Naruto
    Thats all.

butterscotch likes this.
  12. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Bleach = Great (if you skip the fillers)
    FMA = Heard it was reaaaaaaaaaaally good
    Naruto = Like it but hate it, it's weird. I looove the concept of it and the transformations etc but can't get into it weirdly enough. I like the games though.

13. BlueLuigi

FMA is one of the top tier animes, I wasn't a fan of Brotherhood, but you should watch both, watch the original FMA first.

Naruto is veryyy shonen, if that's what you want, enjoy if not skip.

Bleach is also pretty shonen, very "Let me teach you as you watch, let me tell you my secret power cause now ou can't beat me, I'm just that strong"

They're both very entry level though.

butterscotch and Hawxx like this.
  14. Yagger

>NOT WATCHING SUPERIOR LOG HORIZON.

[​IMG]

Apronymous likes this.
  15. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

I can never convince myself to watch the humongous shows that are 100+ episodes long. It's one thing if a show is 48 or so episodes full of character development, good story, or awesome action, but it's another entirely if it's all just filler that means nothing, and I feel like most huge shonens are just that.

Beef likes this.
  16. Yagger

I think one of the first 50 episode shows I watched was Eureka 7. Totally worth it. except the sequel to it, fuck that show and all its canon.

Apronymous and BlueLuigi like this.
  17. BlueLuigi

Most of those 100+ are the 50 ones that then grow farther..., except the top shonen ones, it's about seeing what that character development became. It's hard to keep on with the character development lest you become Naruto, Dragon ball Z, Bleach, etc.

AKA stupid powers that just stop making sense.

18. Sir_Walter

Brotherhood is awesome, I haven't watched the original yet though.
    P.S. If anyone is thinking of watching Naruto, DONT. Instead, read the manga. It's available for free online if you search it up, and you get all the awesome fight scenes and stuff without the filler.

19. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

I kinda got past that shonen urge,
    I remember finishing the original Naruto, don't really remember much of it. I'm really more for the shorter ones, the genres that interest me now is Romance, comedy and sometimes harem/ecchi ( and feel anime because that is now a genre ) Though I do like it if it's a mix with them and a bit of action here and there :)

20. Sir_Walter

If you want action, then Attack on Titan is the bomb. Also check out the AoT game they're making.

butterscotch likes this.
Mods: BlueLuigi