1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

A Little Problem

Discussion in 'Groups' started by Sir_Walter, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

So, today I have a small problem for you grammar nazis. I have changed my IGN to Grammar Gangster, as it is my irl nickname (and I think it is hilarious). However, I have an internal conflict as to how to spell it. If I spell it "Grammar Gangster" it is grammatically correct, but I feel like it lacks "pizazz". If I spell it "Gramma Gangsta" it feels more "hip" and "kewl" (lol), but it is grammatically incorrect, making me seem very hypocritical and undermining all that I stand for. What do you suggest?

Also, feel free to correct any grammar or usage errors I may have made.

2. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Purpose & audience -- i.e. consider the context you're using the name. I'd suggest that "Gangsta" is appropriate given that it is a spelling/pronunciation in-line with gangster culture. :wink:

3. Sir_Walter

So "Grammar Gangsta"? Seems a little inconsistent.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  4. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Well, "Grammar Gangsta", yes.

And yes, it does seem inconsistent at first glance, but that's only because you're deliberately using the misspelling as a reference to to gangster linguistic culture. ::D:

Basically, if people try to call you our tell them you're correctly applying purpose & audience by spelling gangster as a gangster would spell it. ::P:

5. Sir_Walter

::):
    Will do. Although I suppose it doesn't really matter what my name is, as they won't be seeing me long before they die. :QQ::sword::B):