1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

little used Emoticons

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kodysch, Feb 11, 2014.

1. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

So for the most part the emotions expressible are pretty varied, but two in particular i don't see much of a use for,:camping: and:noburu:.

What would feel could be a better use of the slots on the wheel?

2. YouPoppedMyBalloon

YouPoppedMyBalloon Catapult Fodder

I think the water droplet is a good indication of water, something that is present in almost any KAG map, however the only time fire really comes into play is with fire arrows and base burning. Perhaps a better indication of fire itself, rather than a campfire looking emoticon? I don't know, dude.

3. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Pretty sure the water droplet is meant to signal when a player is fatigued. I personally wouldn't mind seeing more emoticons, like a facepalm or smugface etc, but it's not really that big a deal to warrant the attention/effort of the devs.

bout, Rubixxcube and Sir_Walter like this.
  4. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I use the water droplet to indicate that i'm worried (sweating)
    However, I have never seen the fire used.

5. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Eh, I generally use the fire emote in tandem with :skull:, :flex:, 78787878 etc. to taunt as I sit up top of a tower and watch panicked builders try desperately to put their shops out. :camping:

6. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I personally can't sprite to save my life, but I'm sure some community members would be happy to make some of those, so it is simply a matter of adding them to the emote wheel. (once they are done)

7. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie

id rather see taunts re implemented as well as quick commands instead of more emoticons

8. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I personally never see:castle: used. I think a $ emoji would be a fun one to use.

9. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni

I started this thread in hopes of finding better ways to communicate in KAG. The replies and future research on the issue makes me strongly feel that a better communication system should be implemented in KAG.

I for one think voice should be included, but only for your teams ears. The "just use teamspeak" argument is moot for pub play because it is a rather high barrier to connect to teamspeak, then have your team connect to the same channel during the game, then change channels every game. Alas, when I looked into it Invader said something around the lines of "structure not fit for VoIP,,, Increase lag,,, Don't want to hear 10 year-olds" so I don't know how feasible voice communication is, but I still think it is the best for gameplay.

Taunts were something in classic, and seemed to have a good reception. Why were they not carried over to beta? If voice is not a go I feel that taunts, albeit modified, should come to KAG.

10. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Taunts should be more easily accessible. The up-down-left-right and their in-betweens (diagonals) are used the most because they are most accessible with mouse movements. If anything, the taunting wheel can be redesigned.

11. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Voice definitely shouldn't actually be in the game.. Game integrated voice is always bad, and it'd definitely cause more lag.

Not to mention, people are annoying. I don't want to hear random people voicechatting in a server.

12. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

Having bound chatscripts would be decent though, something quick like "Tunnelers!" or "Need backup!". Something like how the voicechat worked in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, but without actual sound assets, just text.

YouPoppedMyBalloon and Trumbles like this.
  13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

There used to be a quick chat function; I think it was on the C key in Alpha, and became defunct, then removed in Beta.
    (Two Tiered Pie Menu, Mouse Over to Select an Option)

Maybe emotes, and pointer arrows would be better than chat messages most people ignore.

14. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

Dude voice would get so annoying, especially if there are some fegs playing. And when it comes to taunting, t-bagging is the greatest one of all(and the easiest).

15. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

I always thought that was a tears emoticon. Huh.

16. sheek

sheek Horde Gibber

I actually use that one surprisingly often...

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Fire is pretty rare in KAG Beta, it's eerie.

18. Hallic

Hallic Haxor

im ok with mouse overs, but pleasssee can we have some damn hotkey options. this is pc game...

zerd likes this.
  19. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Yeah hot keys are good. We have them but to communicate more easily would be nice.

Like many have said voice is well.... Plus if you wanted to team speak of global chat would be difficult to do in voice. Plus well, I honestly don't want to hear random people swearing their heads off or something, so maybe you can select the people you want to hear? Idk. I find mumble works pretty well with this though.

I think they should bring back the tick and the cross from classic, there'd a lot of needs for them and well there the basics for emoticons.

20. If you mean the F1 through F12, they're already used. Also, 1-9 already do emotes - 25252525252 is the favourite of many a cocky player everywhere.