1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Official Clan Tags

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by FlameHaze3, Feb 19, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Our clan is constantly being joined against our will with the current tag system, and they refuse to remove it, mis-representing us. This pretty much needs to be a thing, and I'm sure it can't be all that hard to accomplish.

Over the last few months since the steam merge hundreds of people have used our tag off and on, and trash talk us when we ask them to remove it, which obviously gets us mad because they are not one of our group. I'm putting forward the idea of actually making a system for this, so no future problems arise.

Steps: Remove the tag placement, and bind accounts with their clan tag names as they are a part of them, by some number given to each official clan in the clan section. THe number would only be given to the clan leaders, and if anyone punches that number into the KAG client/account section, they get that tag added to them.

Not mentioning any clans here to prevent any trash talking, hope this is taken care of in a timely manner.

2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Some kinda tag verification has been suggested a dozen of times already, I suggest you to use the "search"-function before posting. Also, most of the steam folks don't come to these forums or even activate an account here, so your idea how to do this system would kinda discriminate those who don't want to go on a forum and put them at a huge disadvantage, not to mention that it would demotivate anyone to be active in some kinda group/clan/"competitive" scene if they're not active here.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    Pizza and BlueLuigi like this.
  3. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

its such a big issue tho, when we ask them to take the tag off they act like they are entitled to the tag and refuse to take it off, they go back and forth and continue to be disrespectful towards us. its just really annoying x.x, really wish there is a fix for this in the future because right now its a BIG problem.

4. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

It really is a problem Galen. There was a player with the Zen tag on a few weeks back who abused a vote kick and got me banned on the server. I went to them and reported the player, thinking it was someone in their clan, all pissed off because Zen is such a respectful and nice clan, and found out that it was just some guy faking it.

The clans of KAG I feel are entitled to their tag. First come, first serve. If this was a game like COD where there are so many game servers that there is no way to even know if someone is using your tag when they shouldn't, it wouldn't be a problem. But this game has a small enough player base to make it a problem.

Maybe the clans that are well established within the community should have the use of the tag by players not in the clan blocked. Pk#, Zen, Shar, and so on. I don't know what could be done about it, but I still think that something should be done.

xRush101 likes this.
  5. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

It seems like you misunderstood me somewhere. I never denied the problem. I just criticized his idea of how to solve it.

Pizza likes this.
  6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

That's my fault. I apologize for miss-interpreting what you were saying.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 19, 2014 ---
    Just as a bit of additional proof of how often it happens: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/maximum_carnage.19064/

7. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

Yea..... this guy harassed the shit out of our clan x.x, he almost led us to kick 2 of our clan mates over skype::(:, eventually we figured out what was going on and compiled the evidence we had in order to ban him for 1 day on all servers, then i warned him by saying if you continue this game your punishment will be extended into weeks and months and eventual account removal. just hoping he listens and stops harassing us :noburu:

FlameHaze3 likes this.
  8. Tizmiz

Tizmiz Horde Gibber Tester

Yes, I updated the thread as well. A global ban for a single day did not scare him off. If that is not a sign for a more strict enforcement team then it is a sign for an advance in clan systems.

FlameHaze3 likes this.
Mods: Rainbows