1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The meaning of your name?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Eggnogg, Jan 31, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

<--

I3lue and Guitarman like this.
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Legolas

Legos

Duplolas

Duplo Blocks

Legos and Duplo Blocks. Two different types of building blocks for kids.

Actually came up with it when my friends and I tried to start a game of Dungeons and Dragons. Completely failed. Everyone decided to name each other after Disney Channel characters followed by the term butthurt.

2clever

:B):

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    I3lue, Guitarman and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  3. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I'm not sure why I came up with this name. I guess it's cause well... when I first discovered this by TotalBiscuit (He checked out this game more than 2 years ago, here's the link to this video >Link<) I was instantly hooked and wanted to try it out.

When I went to the main page, the first thing I saw was knights, beautiful knights on that shit. So.. I go in to create an account and I really couldnt figure out what the fuck to call myself.. and then BAM. Sirpixelot came to mind. Why? Cause:
    Sir = A title of honor for a knight/man of great honor or rank... which is obviously a knight back then.
    Pixel = Well... the game is 16-bits for christs sake.
    Lot = There's alot of fucking pixels in this game.

So yea, that's why I named myself as such. :D

I3lue likes this.
  4. My name is invisibility and I made it because when I'm in the battle field I'm invisible

5. Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants

Sgnt_Sneeky-Pants Insanity Incarnate Donator

A long long time ago,
    I can still remember how that minecraft used to make me smile,
    But I missed the Christmas discount,
    So I borrowed SneakyRyan's account,
    And was happy with singleplayer for a while

But the loneliness made its debut,
    With every block I mined through.
    No-one else's mouse clicked,
    I couldn't make one more pick
    So bye bye, singleplayer survive
    got whitelisted on a server, and I met a few guys
    And we hung around, and had some good times
    buildin' farms and docks and cavernous mines
    farms and docks anc cavernous mines

Ok, I can't go through with the entire song, I'm getting a headache from all the terrible rhymes.

Long story short, I made friends on Minecraft while using my friend SneakyRyan's account, and we played other games, and they called me Sneaky, even after I got my own account (Ethyreale). Then I got into acting like a drill sergeant for teh lols, so I named myself Sergeant Sneeky Pants. Long boring story.

Sirpixelot, BlueLuigi and I3lue like this.
  6. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

That, sir, has to be among the better surnames out there, the best I've come across thus far being "Champion". :wink:

hierbo, Konfitur, I3lue and 2 others like this.
  7. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

ermagerd, I always call you Trumbly ingame, I had no idea that was really your name. Weird.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 16, 2014, Original Post Date: Feb 16, 2014 ---
    My story is kind of lame. I saw a couple videos of this game and it looked awesome, so I promptly bought it on steam. When it asked for a name, I was thinking something medieval (because of medieval theme). So I decided to put Sir before my name, as I am quite the sir :smug:, and it is a medieval title. After that I was thinking of oldstyle names, and Walter came to mind. So there ya go, Sir_Walter! I would like to change it to something more clever though (If I had the chance).

hierbo, I3lue and FuzzyBlueBaron like this.
  8. AstraTheSpaceBurger

AstraTheSpaceBurger Bison Rider

It goes like this. On one mild day of 2013, I had to make a new account for myself. AND THEN! I couldn't think of a name. It was a catastrophe. AND THEN! I went to the toilet. And I was like, I'm now AstraTheSpaceBurger. So I made that my new username

Konfitur likes this.
  9. Piano

Piano Bison Rider

wot

hierbo likes this.
  10. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Way back when I was making my Steam account I arbitrarily decided that I wanted my nme to use the -onym(ous) suffix. After finding a list of -onym words (wikipedia! (laziness!!!)) I tried names I liked until I found one that was available (10th try of so). In hind sight about a third of the words on the list (that I hadn't checked) would have been better than Apronym, but so it goes.

11. GreenLich

GreenLich Catapult Fodder

well. i found my name when i was a young cunt playing WoW :smug:. and one day while i was playing. there was a Lich who came to me, killed me again and again. i passed 2hours trying to kick the ass out of it (good old time ::P:) finnaly i went somewhere else. but i will always remember it. and my favorite color is green. so GreenLich is i think a good name for me ^^

12. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Once I was looking for a name for Transformice, so I went to some player's profile on Dino RPG to check his dinoz' names. One was named Boutiquier. "bout" is a shortcut.

13. Bint

Bint Haxor

@bout So it's pronounced "boot"? :u

14. bout

bout Shark Slayer

No, it's pronounced "bowt".

15. Bint

Bint Haxor

16. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I know, in "Boutiquier" it's pronounced as "boot", but in shortcut it's pronounced as "bowt". :s

17. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Pronounced "bout" as in "a short period of time", no?

hierbo and BlueLuigi like this.
  18. bout

bout Shark Slayer

"Shortcut" wasn't in "s in my last post.

19. FuzzyBlueBaron

Um, yes, yes it was. And your post hasn't been edited either, fwiw; sometimes what we think we type isn't what actually comes out.

Now that we've cleared that up, back to discussing peoples' names 'nstuff. :huh?:

20. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Actual quote. Do you see any "s around the word "shortcut" in it?

Mods: BlueLuigi