1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[935] Boulder-Dasher Knight, Siege weapon.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Darksteel, Nov 9, 2013.

1. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

is it any more effective than the standard stone being shot from catas?

2. skelozero

skelozero Catapult Fodder

this gives me evil ideas >:) but with the archer if you put it in his inventory he couldent carry any arrows...

3. Darksteel

Darksteel The see me Boulderin', they hatin'. Donator
    1. Australians United Stand Strong - AUSS - (Invite Only)

You can carry a stack of 30 in your hands... *Nudge, Nudge*

4. boulders can 1 or 2 hit a good fort whereas using stone pebbles would take forever

5. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

no way. someone film this cause im too lazy to enact it myself

6. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I hate this glitch. Boulders are meant for catapult ammo and dropping on people's heads. (and maybe traps). It stops me from using it for it's purpose. I can't drop it on someones head when I am worried someone will use it to smash our door.

7. Darksteel

Intended feature, not a glitch.

I have this discussion many times, and no, it's not broken.

8. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

People should try to grab the boulder before it breaks the door. ;)

9. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

And by then, they have probbably destroyed 50 or 100 stone worth of doors, with something worth 35 stone. Not to mention you get 30 stone from the tent, so you only have to spend like 2 seconds mining to get it.

It is broken though. You can put it in your inventory and negate the jump and speed penalty, and it is protected from all slashes. There is also litterally nothing you can do to stop this tactic, building high up doors only stops knights (and sometimes not even those). There is nothing to stop someone from boulder drilling all the way into your flag room, because you need doors to be able to cap the flag.

Let's look at the keg. When you wear it, you get a speed penalty. you can't use your sword with it (if it weren't for glitch, but let's say that didn't exsist.) When someone comes to attack you, they will damage your keg. If you make it to the enemy tower, you may just blow it up in front of the tower. But if the enemy is good builders, they can stop it. They can build on bedrock, and make thick towers, or make sections, so that you won't just get past the tower with 1 keg.

That is a balanced mechanic. This is not.

10. Darksteel

Please read the thread called "nerf boulder drilling" for all my arguments pertaining to this.

I'm not filling this thread with an argument.

101i likes this.