1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Random Disconnects, usually 5-7 mins in

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Krizzen, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Krizzen

Krizzen Shipwright

Subject says it all. I get random disconnects, usually a few minutes in. Most of the time I get disconnected a minute after build phase. Sometimes I can play for hours and never get a disconnect. Servers I play in range in ping from 70ms to 150ms, but I opt for the lower ping.

I see a lot of this in my console log file:

[21454 setNetworkID: wrong id 0

Anything to do with it?

PS
    I have 18MB cable, no problems at all in any other game (except for the very very rare NAT issues with very obscure software).

2. Krizzen

Krizzen Shipwright

Resolved. I now rarely have strange disconnects. I believe KAG requires a very stable connection, else there will be problems because my ISP is infamous for late night network tests/upgrades, which is when I usually play KAG!

On top of the strange disconnects, I was somehow accidentally kick and banned from a server, and shortly was cleared of the ban.

However, I wouldn't say I've tamed this beast, its just merely resolved its self to rear its ugly head another day.

3. Krizzen

Krizzen Shipwright

4. Strech

Strech KAG Guard Tester

I have the same problem since the first build. :(
    In the house i live during the week i have a 20Mbit connection: i don't know if it's the provider's fault or the house's wiring is fucked up (it has a veeeery old telephone wiring) but the connection is unstable. I get temporary freezes in online games and sometimes it disconnects and reconnects, but in kag i get disconnected after about 1min in any server for no reason.
    It's different from being kicked because as a kag guard i can't be kicked even for ping...

For the sake of science one day i tried to plug in another router and... it worked! I have freezes every minute or so but i don't get disconnected...