1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1057] Boulder Crush.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by Vampire, Mar 23, 2014.

1. This is the boulder crush trap.
    It is easy to create and fun to use.
    Not really practical as you have to keep reloading the boulder.
    You can add a trampoline at the bottom and make it so the boulder bounces back up.
    boulder crush.png

2. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Seems a bit obvious to an enemy. I assume the ceiling would be lower and it would be a little more to the right?

3. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Jump into trapblocks, grab boulder, smash doors and win.

4. you would be dead before you grab the boulder as all you could see would be a wall with trap blocks.

5. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Nope, just built it in sandbox and was able to grab it.

6. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Maybe if you did something where there's also a sawmill below the boulder? No way to get past that one.

7. thats because you know that there is a boulder in there. If you didnt know what was in there you wouldnt be ready to press c

8. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

usually when i see random trapblocks above an entrance, i assume it's some half-assed trap to gain one or two possible kills VIA boulder or magic.

Apronymous likes this.
  9. Ok now imagine a noob seeing this.

10. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I have yet to see a shark pit that you can't escape by baiting the shark, riding the shark, and then getting bucked off the shark. Somehow these still kill people, that doesn't make them good. If someone actually falls for anything complex they wouldn't have been accomplishing anything if the trap weren't there.

Edit:
    I think those are to stop you from going into the trap while it's unloaded. If that's the case they should probably be a tile lower to trip sooner.

Edit 2: Fixed a typo.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
    Vampire and Galabranth like this.
  11. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

i dont understand why theres spikes where the boulder is. is that not really part of the trap?

12. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

That trap would work a bit better if the end trapblocks were replaced with stone, and there was a sawmill trap directly below it, so any boulder-grabbing-dashing attempts would be foiled. Knight: Traps? No matter! I'm a knight! *Tries in vain to grab boulder* ... *Death*

Galabranth likes this.
  13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Then just shield glide, grab the builder before it gains momentum, but after the trap blocks activate, and glibe out of harms way.

Alternatively, you could do the same but jumping off the door.
    Alternatively, you could just jump over this short wall.

If you use directional plats, then a person can wait until they are destroyed, destroy them, or simply do something else with their time.
    Otherwise, this needs at least three bombs to collapse.

14. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

This would be built as an addition to a tower, not a standalone tower obviously.

Vampire likes this.
  15. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Maybe you could add doors on the ceiling.
    So you would be able to get thru but the enemy can't
    Annnnd..
    You can reaload real quick. ;)

16. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Only problem with that is that if you add doors, it lets light into the chamber, thus making it even EASIER to steal the boulder. Trust me, we've tried to make that work. The best reload solution is to make the 2 blocks on the top wood so that you can break them easily.

Vampire likes this.
  17. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Ok, that's true, thanks for the point.

18. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

If you added downward platforms in place of the wood, you could make it easier to reload.

19. then light would shine through and expose the boulder

20. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Don't make this trap and light won't shine through
    (I would like this trap if boulders didn't break doors and if they fell fast, faster than you could catch)