1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The "I'm new/leaving/back" Thread

Discussion in 'Beginner Box' started by Monsteri, Aug 3, 2011.

Tags:
Mods: Gurin
  1. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

@FrogOfWar

I'm sorry that you've decided to stop playing. I have a few things to add in response to what you've said.

Yes, KAG is sometimes un-noob-friendly. I don't see that as a reason to quit though. Real life is much worse, tbh, but that's beside the point.

I have to disagree that the game is incredibly knight-combat focused. Yes, the majority of players play as knight, that's a fact. Yes, the knight is the easiest class to understand, shied, bomb, slash. But I've turned the tide of a battle many times as an archer and/or a builder, and I've seen it done many times by others much better than me. It only takes one fire or bomb arrow (or a dedicated battle builder) to do some serious damage, be it destroying a bridge, a tunnel, or a tower with a weak foundation. As it stands, it is very easy to turn the tide of the battle with any class if you are a decent player, which I think is a good thing. There've been a few times when I've been wrecking a team, only to have a single guy (not only a knight) join the team and all of a sudden, we lose the game.

In response to the double-bomb jump comment, I've played in many matches where double-bomb jumping hasn't helped all that much. It depends on the knowledge and preparation of the builder as much as the skill of the knight. And the skill required to double bomb jump is not all that high too, you just have to time it well. People just see someone do it and think "Wow that's ridiculous", when in fact they probably could do it if they practised 5 or six times. That's what makes the game fun for me personally, so much crazy stuff can happen in a matter of seconds. One second you're losing, the next you're putting on the wreck. Catapults, ballistas, mines, kegs; these all can turn the tide of a game by a decent player (or by an unwitting 'griefer' teammate). That's why I've been here for two years.

Sad to see you go so soon, but I wish you'd at least give the game a chance. I'm a strong believer that a game should not, as a requirement, be fun the first time you play it. There are some games that are just meant to be hard as nails. KAG is not, but it may seem like it the first little bit, depending on who you're playing against (but which game doesn't have pros right?)

Oh and by the way, in the same vein as Apronymous, what were you looking for by posting here? I'm not trying to be a prick, but honestly, what did you think it would accomplish? If you have questions, ask them. We'll answer them, and give you a hand if you need it. We all want to have new people that're cool to play with and talk to. Saying, in effect, "This is what I don't like, peace out." doesn't help much, as I'm sure you know.

Either way, may the upward force of the quintuple bomb jump be with you my young amphibious friend, and best wishes on your journey through the mire that is the internet

:heart: jackitch

2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

shouldnt that be expected in a game with only 3 main classes; 1 builds and supports, 1 is ranged and can offense / support, and then the melee who obviously is going to offense. playing knight isn't /that/ high of a skill level if you can learn to time slashes and be observant of nigs jumping around you. if you have one enemy knight that can somehow keep getting into your base, either your team is made of baddies or someone isn't building all that efficiently.

3. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Since when has leaving you opinion been a bad thing....
    If people are going to leave a game saying why isn't all that bad of an idea, it puts more info out therefor other people to see.

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

[​IMG]

if u continu langage like dis u gotta git rekt m8........

5. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

6. ravenguard19

ravenguard19 Bison Rider

Sup, who still remember me should know that I'm back (If anyone of my old friends still plays KAG...)

7. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I seem to recall your name. Either way, welcome back. ::):

8. Guitarman

Guitarman Haxor Tester Official Server Admin

Ello again mates.

9. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Welcome back Guitarman!

10. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Welcome back Guitarman :D

11. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

12. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Welcome Back Guitar!!!

13. Guitarman

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. ::):

14. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Eww, you're back again?

(srsly though, wb::))

15. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope

16. Eww, SBC.

On a side serious note now:
    Classes start soon and my university campus is located in another town. I'm moving there tomorrow, don't know much about the house I'm staying in, but probably it doesn't has an internet connection, my trustful phone will always be in hand so hopefully I won't be away from the forums, but for sure I wont be on game so much.

Every opportunity I get, I'll be here again.

17. Guitarman

Best of luck, sir!

18. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

OH GOD NO
    NOOO
    NOOOOOOOOO

19. Why thank you, kind sir.

:C It won't be permanently, It will hardly be an absence. But no more "no life" I'm afraid.

20. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

c:

Mods: Gurin