1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows Walking through the red/restricted area [CTF]

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Andreiii500, Mar 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andreiii500

Andreiii500 Shipwright

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Windows
    Build number: 1057
    Description: I was playing CTF, the map changed and during the "Build time" (when there's that red area which none of the players can pass through) I tried derping around by jumping into the restricted area (so as to get deflected back). However, instead of being deflected, I passed through it. (I eventually visited the enemy team, took the flag, attempted to give it back -but it was pushed back to my team's side- and I left it there until someone took it)
    The video could contain some useful details for whoever takes his time analysing the glitch.
    Steps to reproduce: I haven't got the smallest idea, since it happened randomly. Someone mentioned it also happened to it.
    Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frxm4XuZznc&feature=youtu.be

2. Toastation

Toastation Builder Stabber

Yep same and i've been ban whereas i didn't do it on purpose, and i didn't took the enemy flag.

3. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

People can pass red barrier when /sv_test 1 is enabled and they write !team -1, or !team -2, or !team -3 etc - probably it can be even !team -67345423423

5. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Again. I already reported this xD
    I already know of this cheat, I've used it several times in Beos server out of sheer boredom and spite of the other team... sometimes heckling them when I felt like it. owo

FYI: It's only done by admins... and that's all :o

6. [​IMG]

Sometimes its intentional, sometimes it isn't.

7. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Sometimes... it's funny when you stand right at the edge of glory and laugh in the opposite teams face. xD

8. Its not funny when you go ahead and slaughter them before they get to build defenses. Happened to our team recently. This should be put under control. But yeah, what you said is still funny! :thumbs_up:

9. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Yeaa... that there is major abuse. Thankfully I never actually did that... I just mingled about with the opposite team as a white guy just too see how long it could take for someone in there to question my existence. Almost 80% of the time no one notices xD

10. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Has anyone seen this lately?

11. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

This bug? Don't think so. If someone did, it would have been mentioned.
    That said, it might have been done, but by admins who just wanna mess with their players just a tad, bit of friendly pokes and teases here and there before backing off... (via that team -1 shiz)

12. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

I'm sure it still happens randomly to non-admins. It's completely random, however, and there seems to be no reliable way to reproduce it without svtest commands.

13. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Mazey likes this.
  14. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Confirmed then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.