1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What 'Coding' program to use?

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Draco1991, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah I guess the two main editors are sublime text and notepad++, I guess sublime text is a bit prettier and better. I don't know why would you install a damn IDE just for editing some files. Visual is good, yes, but for your own C++ projects. Otherwise it's totally not usable, it hangs, crashes (like every Microsoft too). You only need syntax coloring. Sublime text might be confusing because it thinks that .as files are Action Script and not Angel Script... but iz gud.

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

If I'm right .as are Hashkell files which is much more known than AngelScript

3. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

No, they are Action Script files.

4. Asu

Huh, there's 3 languages with the same extension... .___.

5. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Yes, that's an issue, but KAG Beta uses AngelScript, so as far as anything goes, ".as" is AngelScript, when talking about KAG Beta.

Asu likes this.
  6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

BlueLuigi and Asu like this.
  7. LucasTT

LucasTT Haxor Tester

Yes, but Sublime Text uses Action Script syntax to color the code.

8. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah Geti, ikr, but might be confusing for newbs. Still, Sublime Text is just sublime.

9. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

notepad / sublime / VS ...pff!
    VI is the real shit

|just baiting|

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

fwiw Tom/Shadlington uses vim most of the time for his coding afaik. He's one of those guys.

11. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Not so much anymore. I use codelite for kag and aptana for the api. I haven't really done much serious coding outside of those two things recently, so vim hasn't had a lot of usage.

12. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

Pff, microsoft word is the best, obviously. Especially if it's unregistered.

Noburu likes this.
  13. hugio88

hugio88 I am the king of KAG! Donator

hmm... i think you should go with notepad, easy and simple UI, fast and fun! and its already installed on your computer! no downloads needed!

14. Asu

[​IMG]

Eject from there.
    Now.​

Noburu, Apronymous and hugio88 like this.
  15. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

Yeah no matter what coding program you use, it's shit when your mods don't load on singleplayer and you can't use JIT. pls fix this brok gaem geti quick

16. hugio88

hugio88 I am the king of KAG! Donator

I Did it, but only this happened:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]