1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Build 200 released!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by MM, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

I agree I would LOVE for the radius of the bomb to actually cover how it explodes

2. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Yeah, me too.
    It definately needs a new sprite.

3. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I will upload installer on kag2d.com in a minute.

4. Fozzbael

Fozzbael Shipwright

Am i the only one having the problem with custom skins after the new patch?

After the patch i changed the skins in the game folder as usual from default to my ones, but when i got into the game the skins were the same for both teams even tho i made them different

Do i have to do something different than before to give teams seperate skins?

Acavado likes this.
  5. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

awesome additions; life is almost complete.​

Valkyrie likes this.
  6. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

When do we get kill notifications up in the corner? :D

Foxodi and Asterix like this.
  7. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you wear the top hat, as a knight, when you fly, the hat`s colors reverse.

8. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

But YOU STILL LOOK COOL AS HELL WHILE YOU DO IT :D

FuzzyBlueBaron likes this.
  9. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I'm gonna be honest - I have no idea what I'm doing in melee combat.
    Double slash -> first slash knocks them back, 2nd slash they are outside your attack range? This means 1 knight blocking is impenetrable unless superior numbers are used or hes backed into a corner?
    Hitting down -> why can't knights hit directly down (only diagonally down). I would have thought a strong 2 hand thrust downwards into someones head would have been SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Quimbo and Neat like this.
  10. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Few complaints:

- Whilst charging, you're invisible to jabs because of the clash

- Jabs should not clash with slash, only slashs with slash and jabs with jabs

- Hitting someone from above results almost always to a clash, even if they didn't shield. Just can't kill anything below you now

- I think 2 slashes anytime should be brought back now, there is nothing you can do against groups and your first slash usually blows the opponent so far that your second slash won't hit, and even if it does, not register

- Shield sometimes clashes, it's confusing

- You die from fall WAY too easy, once died from only 12 blocks high fall

- Shield bashes from above are a bit too powerful; Managed to kill Hapistorique when he was full health by bashing him only from three blocks above

- I think the CoD grenades should get a new sprite that actually shows where they hit

- Still no bugfixes to the editor ;(

- Still no bugfixes to the tutorials

- Still no Bison

- Still no antiskybridges

- One head looks like a mix between a fish and an alien lol (the sunglasses one)

- Sometimes the heads won't change

- It would be nice if we had per-class heads ;)

Those are the major complaints, other than that I find this build quite good. Knight's the most broken thing :F

Noburu, Noc, Darklight and 3 others like this.
  11. Quimbo

Quimbo Shopkeep Stealer

Please make it so that catapults used to shoot by someone can't be picked up! I was griefed multiple times yesterday by people picking it up and running off with it, just to use it with MY ammo still in. At this point I had the choice to pick it up again by myself, which wouldn't help the team at all, or to do something else. That can't be the point of catapulting...

Aaaand why does the knight have OHKs back? Was killed multiple times (as knight) with full health by a single hit (from knights).

I love having the old catapult damage back! No more overpowered skybridge catapults and a single catapult can now influence the battle slightly, but not dominate anymore.

Noburu likes this.
  12. Quimbo

Quimbo Shopkeep Stealer

And I HATE the new knight combat, even more than the previous one. This one is TOTALLY unpredictable. Sometimes you don't hit at all, even though you are slashing right in front of the enemy, sometimes it clashes when the enemy didn't even attack. Players warp all over the place. One hit kills. Unpredictable knockbacks. And this all was with pings of around 66! Are we supposed to have pings < 10 to play knight now?

Looks like knight is finally dead for me for good. Was playing archer almost exclusively after the first horrible knight combat change but now I'm done with it. It's getting worse and worse.

13. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Not looking forward to new knight combat, mostly because I was just getting used to and really liking the knight combat of the last build, not to mention it still kept the elements that I truly enjoyed in knight combat.
    Just thought I'd say, while being a builder and being shot at by archers, crouching on a bridge has saved my life countless times. (Not because it's a lot of times, but because I didn't keep good count, at least 20 though)

Edit: One thing I've noticed fixed, game used to stall whenever I closed with Quit button, that seems to be fixed and it closes neatly now, nice.

14. ilaks

ilaks Bison Rider Donator

I've said it before, but It seems like it has to be said again since I have this feeling devs are not paying attention to the feedback. Please have in mind that Iam not proposing this for my own liking, but for the best of this game.

The new bridges, also known as ladders 2.0:
    I see no point to being able to walk through a bridge. It's not a ladder, it's a bridge. Therefore:

- Fix them by allowing archers and knights to shoot/throw bombs through them and going up through them, but disable the down movement.

So, if a teammate makes a bridge above you when you're putting spikes in a trap - you can still get out. But you won't fall to your death trying to prone.

Customization:
    - You should be able to customize while waiting for respawn (and in the menu), it would save a lot of time.
    - You should be able to have different head on each and every class ( Yes, Im looking at you Geti)
    - Possibly being able to add own custom heads.

Chat:
    - Hovering mouse over player to add his name is just unnecessary + most of the time you press by accident. Insead maybe make it like in mIRC = When in chat press first letter(s) + TAB to insert the nick.

Menu:
    - Now that the player-base is growing in fast pace, a new, more simple, menu would be in place: http://kagforum.com/index.php?threads/suggestion-new-menus.1694/

Jumping:
    Feels like Im a sumo. 190 was good and i don't understand why you had to change that. As far as I know, nobody had problems with it.

Knights:
    The combat feels really random.

Misc.
    -Fix the hitbox! Sometimes I shoot a knight in the head but the arrows just goes through it without damaging. Same goes when a knight is gliding and i shoot him from the side.
    - Spectator mode

15. laurentiu

This build is probably the most bugged I saw...Fix it up faster...LOL.

I mean seriously, if you stay exactly near someone else your head disappears and his head can be seen instead. And from when can knights 1 hit kill???

16. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Knight combat feels really impotent and drawn out with the advent of clashing. Often it's a bland rhythm of block-stab-block; only when one party takes a risk and diverges does anything change, but that's only in the form of slashes-which either register unreliably or disengage you from the fight completely--, or hopping around like an idiot until the other dude slips up. I'd very much like to see it offer more spice than just canceling attacks, as at the moment it's functionally close to shielding; two dudes hit eachother at the same time, either nothing happens or one dude gets thrown off guard and is vulnerable to attack. Unpredictability is a perfectly valid game mechanic if the player can tip the scales in his or her favor through skill and experience, the problem right now being that those scales can't be tipped very effectively.

17. laurentiu

Basically the knight combat got ''So Random''.

18. Rainbows

Rainbows KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Skybridges are now hellish! The archers just spam no charge arrows so much they block the sun! D:
    We need AS weapons!

19. Good idea.
    End everybody is penis.
    Another good idea.
    THIS.

t0rchic likes this.
  20. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Weird lag effects (like teleporting around) occurring on previously non-laggy servers between people with low pings. A lot.

My linux client keeps crashing at match end. Not every time but pretty damn often.

Would like unit count setting extended so that -1 = unlimited, 0 = no respawns.

Agree with all comments regarding 'random' knight combat.

Really dislike the mousing over people causing you to refer to them in chat - ilaks suggestion of irc-like tabbing would be a lot better. I accidently do this a lot at present.

I actually quite like the bridges. I like the improvements to bomb throwing too.
    Also, the jumping change doesn't bother me.