1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[939] To build doors, or not to build doors?

Discussion in 'Builder' started by Kriegson, Nov 18, 2013.

1. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes, it does.

2. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

For CTF, they can always pass to an archer. Tunnels help here too.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  3. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

nobody?
    probs for that
    even if I have some critics about it...
    noobies probably gonna destroy it because they dont understand what its for

high set doors are shit when it comes to this
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :stone_door::castle_bg::stone_door:
    :stone_door::castle_bg::stone_door:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::blank::blank::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::builder::blank::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:
    or repairing; or puirsuited builder, flag carrier
    sure its better than teammates/corpses letting enemies in

4. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

That's very true...

This is where I like building a door into the lower wall that doesn't go all the way through, so I can pop out to repair, yet not have it be open after a keg or bomb arrow volley.

5. the thing is, that shouldnt even happen. youre supposed to never let the builder get so close to your base.

also entombing sucks in beta

BlueLuigi likes this.
  6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Snipe or bomb those builder faggots, and if it's one wide at the top lke that, throw a bomb down and he's dead.

7. Guitrz

Guitrz Arsonist

My opinion? better safe than sorry

:castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall:
    :door:
    :door:

:thumbs_up:

8. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Entombing was never a fun thing in KAG

9. Guitrz

Guitrz Arsonist

What? Really? >_>

10. Arcrave

Arcrave http://tinyurl.com/ArcravesTheme Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Seriously, if you fucking entomb you are a member of the biggest faggot group in this game.

11. Guitrz

Guitrz Arsonist

It's the builder's method of defense!
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 2, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 2, 2014 ---
    Nevermind. Though it was another thing, as demolishing stuff in people's head, but THAT is retard. Misunderstood the term.

12. whadup!

13. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

honestly entombing is not such a big deal if your team reacts appropriately given the situation. an effective countermeasure for 1 builder entombing himself is to just make a drill. youll burn through his shit faster than he can rebuild it and drills FUCK builders. builder v builder is all about the MOTHERFUCKIN DRILLS. if they got an archer in there or some knights its a different story, but i find most the time a drill against an entombing builder is gg dont hf you ded

BlueLuigi likes this.
  14. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Build a tower, and learn to stay with your teams' knights. Goddamn entombing, why? Fair enough it will keep the other team busy for a while, but really you will run out of res eventually.

Every team needs a tower, not a builder under the opposite teams tower. Rushing builders that build towers and getting that early tele (CTF) up will certainly help your team more. Quick access to the battlefield. And at the risk of entombing will lose most of your res keeping out the other team. Just don't please.

This, is what I want to my team, every game. Knowing what to do when I do something. Having two builders that might switch positions in doing this. (One entombing, the other rushing) I do fine this very clever, but the one problem is that teamwork doesn't happen in every game, this is what I hate.

But really, IMO, I think entombing is horrible, and must be thrown away in a pit with an angry Arcrave. And on a plus note, I think tunnelling would be the easier option to this, since it's probably easier to build tele's.

Whatever.

101i likes this.
  15. obzeen

obzeen Catapult Fodder

The real solution is MORE doors. So when noob builder #1 lets the knight in, the knight gets trapped in one of the enclosures.
    Either let the enemy knight try to poke his way out, occasionally replacing the wooden door, thus depriving the enemy team of a player until he realizes suicide is an option.
    Or wait for an allied knight to kill him, and pick up the resources noob builder #1 dropped.

Build like this for maximum affect. Repeat pattern as necessary.
    :castle_wall::door::door::castle_wall::door::door::castle_wall::door::door::castle_wall::door::door::castle_wall:
    :door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door:
    :door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door:
    :castle_wall::door::door::castle_wall::door::door::castle_wall::door::door::castle_wall::door::door::castle_wall:
    :door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::castle_bg::door::castle_bg::dance::door:
    :castle_wall::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::castle_wall::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::castle_wall::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::castle_wall::dirt_bg::dirt_bg::castle_wall:

16. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Although this is a necro from april, I've actually seen people ab/using the door support mechanics to build old "solid doors" tunnels underground. Seems somewhat wood effective, but really prone to fire. Patching it up with stone backwall works but takes time. Still seems to work vs pubs :^)