1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Community App KAG Mod Manager 1.09

Basic app for managing KAG mods with the new web API system

Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Shadlington

Shadlington THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

I can see your mod in the list though? The nameURL is the name that must be unique, and there is one called 'The FUN mod' registered by you with the nameURL 'fun' already.

It takes up to a minute for new mods to appear in the list due to caching (there's a note at the bottom of the list about this), so maybe that's what was confusing?

2. Diprog

Diprog Bison Rider Tester
    1. FUN Servers

Refreshing mod list. Active filters: []
    Mod list refreshed. Mods found: 7

But list shows nothing
    Безымянный.png

Nevermind. I just reloaded mod manager
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 11, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 11, 2014 ---
    When I press refresh while I'm editing mod, text boxes become disabled but "Submit" and "Cancel" buttons still be active.

3. Shadlington

Ah, thanks. I'll fix that tomorrow probably.
    Edit: Fixed today actually, but haven't generated a new .exe yet (I have to reboot in windows for that and I can't be bothered right now :p)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  4. Shadlington

Shadlington updated KAG Mod Manager with a new update entry:

Fixed MAJOR windows bug plus minor bug with refresh

Read the rest of this update entry...

5. Shadlington

Just a quick FYI: The next update of KAG will have some changes that affect how verification occurs (the main point being that we'll allow limited support for serverside modification of files for the purposes of managing settings). This changes the verification algorithm and so registration.json files generated previously will become invalid.
    I have had to push these changes to the API early which means that until the next KAG release (should be soon), mod verification will not work. I'll be pushing an update to this app soon, with the corrected verification algorithm.

There are also changes to how the uploaded files are uploaded/downloaded which has meant that I have had to delete all the currently uploaded mod packages.

Sorry for the inconvenience, on both counts.

6. Shadlington

Shadlington updated KAG Mod Manager with a new update entry:

Updated to use /settings folder now supported by API

Read the rest of this update entry...

Noburu likes this.
  7. Shadlington

So yeah, downloading the latest version of the mod manager should let you make a registration.json file that is compatible with the latest version of the API + game.

Alternatively, you could just upload your mod package instead, as we'll soon have auto-updating mod support for kag servers. It works by adding "= [mod dev]:[mod name URL]" to your mods.cfg file for any mod you want to auto-update, and it'll DL any new versions uploaded via the mod manager on next server restart. (e.g. if you have a line in mods.cfg that just says 'Blowjob', you'd change that to 'Blowjob = skinney:blowjob).
    This is written and semi-tested - just needs a little more time to iron out some cross-platform issues and it'll be ready to go.

8. Diprog

1. FUN Servers

Can you make ban list for servers? If banned IP in mod = server's IP, this server won't be shown in the server list

9. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

From where do I get my developer key and how to generate the registry file? I put everything except dev key, I push submit file and it just hangs all buttons greyed out.

10. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

When I submit a new mod, the Mod Manager freezes for a while. After that, all the buttons in the Actions menu are locked and the fields remain changable. If I quit the application, an error message shows up. The contents of the log file are as follows:
    Exception in Tkinter callback
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "Tkinter.pyc", line 1470, in __call__
    File "modManagerView.pyc", line 266, in <lambda>
    File "modManagerView.pyc", line 461, in action
    File "modManagerController.py", line 90, in submit
    File "modManagerModel.pyc", line 45, in put_mod_info
    File "base64.pyc", line 315, in encodestring
    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xf6' in position 24: ordinal not in range(128)

11. use only ascii characters in name and description

12. JaytleBee

JaytleBee Ballista Bolt Thrower
    1. [Server] Sandbox Reborn

I did. The problem was a unicode character in my password. Please fix this, Shadlington!

13. Diprog

1. FUN Servers

@Shadlington, I updated a mod, restarted a server, but I get error called "Mods verification failed". If I restart my client, error doesn't appear anymore

14. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Unfortunately Shad isn't around KAG any more. Is it working as expected after restart? Or does it keep coming back?

15. Diprog

1. FUN Servers

Yep, it doesn't come back. Client restart fixes it
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 28, 2016 ---
    Maybe because I upload the mod with registration.json in it

16. Furai

17. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I pushed submit, 5 minutes later and nothing is happening....
    [​IMG]

18. Diprog

1. FUN Servers

Also, I know one more bug: I can't see downloaded mod. This bug happens 50/50
    Here it is: upload_2016-2-1_16-59-16.png
    But... upload_2016-2-1_16-59-53.png

19. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

XXX minutes later its still grayed out nothing is happening, how can I upload/update my mod?

edit: if i understand how to do it, believe me i will create a special youtube video tutorial and post it here.

edit2: alright guys i did it instead of using kag mod manager just come here and click add resource at top right corner, you must archive it without rar but with 7z instead.
    https://forum.thd.vg/resources/

Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  20. Furai

This is currently broken. Bundled SSL cert expired. If anyone has cloned the code while it was still available - please let me know.

Mods: Downburst, Mazey