1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kag Mafia II - A Fool's Venture: Town Victory

Discussion in 'Spamcan' started by Tiruin, Apr 4, 2014.

1. there is nothing to speculate and ponder upon. the 1st one to publish their flavour text is confirmed vanilla townie for all other vanilla townies, because they can see that they got the same text. if you dont consider it as unfair (it is unfair) then here we are:

2. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Doesn't match.

3. apparently everyone got customized flavour text. that said, i still get a townie reading from Apronymous - i dont think he would forge that text

4. :chicken:
    Nobody reads what I say anymore.

5. GUNINANRUNIN

GUNINANRUNIN Catapult Fodder

6. GUNINANRUNIN

((This just started and it doesn't look like much is happening, so would you mind if I got in this turn?))

7. I place you in the replacement list. Right under Mazey.

And it seems you're new! Welcome to the KAG forums. :)

8. GUNINANRUNIN

((Ah. Sure thing. Prolly should've looked at the waitlist before asking that. :l))

9. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

Sorry about my inactivity folks, I wasn't able to log in these days.
    [quote="Ej, post: 281450, member: 843"fuck this, is there actually anyone here who knows how to play mafia?[/quote]
    I'm here to rescue you bby.

Ok, here is what we are going to do

Strategy Guide - Read this shit
    We are doing a cop hypo, which means that from this point on, every single one of you is cop.
    Everyday, starting from tomorrow, you're going to out your cop report, regardless of your actual role.
    If you're the real cop, you're going to out your real report in a simple way (ej guilty, apronymous inno etc). If you aren't, you're going to out a fake report (roleblocked, Hella inno etc). Everyday until lylo (lynch or lose), we are NL'ing (not lynching anyone). If the real cop dies before lylo, we look back to his reports, and then we will have confirmed innocents or exposed mafs. We also get to scumhunt based on mafia kills (e.g. Ej's fake report is Sir_walter inno, mafia kills Ej, so sir_walter is likely inno). Even if maf kill people w/ wrong reports to confuse us, they will be giving the real cop more time, which means more confirmed innocents/mafs. The strategy is beneficial even if there is no cop.

Now, people confirm that you understood and agreed w/ this, post questions if you got them and then vote no one.
    It's okay if you think I'm maf, but this playguide is the best way to ensure a town victory and the only reason why I didn't posted it last game was because I had no interest in helping town.

@Ej @Sir_Walter @norill @Apronymous @Superblackcat @Hella @Stevedog @Vampire
    Please confirm you understood the above and
    vote to extend the day
    and vote no one

10. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I read this, and I understand the basic premise, if a little confused about the confirming part. Anyway, now to the desperate plea to save my life:

First off, I posted my "proof" as a joke to spoof last game's copy paste extravaganza, as there wasn't much going on. I am not an idiot stupid enough to try to prove my innocence with outdated flavor text. If anything, this makes me suspicious of the bandwagoners. I understand you want to lynch somebody to get things started, but I am not the man to lynch.

Also, vote extend (I hope that's how you do it)

11. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Vote to extend the day
    Unvote Sir_Walter
    Vote no-one

After all this effort, I bet there's no village cop.

12. Vote to extend the day

13. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Unnamed is scum.
    Hypo copping will tell the mafia who isn't cop, allowing them to find the cop more quickly (minimizing risk).

14. Nine men of varying trade
    Remembered that time followed law unmade
    On silver, argent, weathered rock
    Did they bequeath to one a clock

The clock struck one
    A song was sung
    The clock struck two
    A day is renewed

==+=++=+==​

Vote standings:

- Apronymous
    - Hella
    - UnnamedPlayer - Apronymous,
    - Sir_Walter - norill, Ej,
    - Stevedog
    - Superblackcat - Vampire
    - norill
    - Vampire -
    - Ej -
    Not Voting: UnnamedPlayer, Sir_Walter, Stevedog, Superblackcat, Hella,

Day 1 has begun and will end at April 18, 2013 [Friday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]
    There is One extension left remaining.

Extension requests: 4
    Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
    5 votes needed to shorten the day

15. UnnamedPlayer

If they kill based on correct hypos, then we will have twice as many reports. It'll ensure that we have as much cop reports as possible, rather than having them wasted (like last game Verra's report on Hella). It'll also keep the cop alive longer than randomly lynching, since it eliminates the risk of village lynching the cop. It's a better strategy in every sense (for town at least).

@Tiruin: could you could NL votes as well? You forgot to count Hella's vote
    I also vote no lynch

16. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

It's Daystart isn't it? Unless I've gone crazy already.

17. UnnamedPlayer

Yup, no maf kills or cop reports so far
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 14, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 14, 2014 ---
    D-d-d-doublepost!

This doesn't work on this setup because we have a possible jailer and possible cop instead of a doc and cop, which means that either cop would end up dead, jailer would end up dead, or jailer would cockblock cop everyday.

18. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Each round the pool of potential cops gets whittled down by mafia killings, getting role copped, or either getting lynched or gettimg caught lying.

The lynching would affect one player per round, the lie detection would have a (6-(number of dead townies)/6 chance of affecting any given player.
    The latter eats through the cantidates *much* faster than the former.

19. extend
    unvote
    vote no lynch

i suggest jailer to come out now, and jail himself every night. this way cop won't waste his check on him and he wont block cop. blocking anyone else is very risky, because there are 2 mafias, so when he blocks maf role cop the other one will still kill someone, and if he blocks vanilla maf the maf role cop might still choose to nightkill

20. You cannot (hilariously) target yourself with your action, unless explicitly mentioned that you can.