1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1087] Little ctf tower.

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by franek123, Apr 18, 2014.

1. add a trapblock between the two spikes.

2. franek123

franek123 The architect of the royal castle. Donator Tester

Wat? Where?

3. DooMAD

DooMAD Shipwright

Didn't last very long in the server I tried it out on. Enemy builder ruined it in about 10 seconds with strategic placement of stone blocks.

4. franek123

Hm, I guess he was better then you. If you dont defend your position, any tower will fail. If you dont kill builder he will be able to destroy EVERYTHING. Tower is support for your team to defend base. Not the main barrier.

Just saying

5. DooMAD

DooMAD Shipwright

His archer companion didn't help, so 2 vs 1 was always going to end one way, but it was still a little too easy for them. Might use this as a starting template, but it needs to be a little more substantial as the enemy only need to break 2 door blocks to get in. Which doesn't exactly take long.

6. franek123

Well I see youre not really good builder. Yeah this tower has some weak points but for sure not "only 2 doors blocks". Stone doors are actually hardest blocks to destroy as builder. Im sure any kinda smart builder wont break in trough doors. (I would choose to dig blocks under the doors)

Another thing is that you said he collapsed it in about 10 seconds. Assuming he was coming from front...well...it's just... not possible.

The biggest problem about my tower is that it's damn short. So best way to capture it is building ladders or some wood blocks to climb.

7. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

To be honest, what the hell were your knights doing. If all of your teammates died and a builder was coming to a tower, that tower is bye-bye if the enemy builder hasn't dropped his brain on the way there. Plus, most towers lose by breaking two doors anyway.

franek123 likes this.
  8. DooMAD

DooMAD Shipwright

2 vs 1, an archer and a builder vs me on my own testing out the tower. Got shot by the archer, died, respawned and by the time I'd got back to the tower, the builder had got through the doors. He placed 2 stone blocks which neutralised all the spikes at the base of the tower. Broke two doors, and inside the base and heading towards the flag building.

It's a great tower against archers alone, but that's all.

9. franek123

Um yeah, youre badie. Please do not answer if you don't have any good arguments about bad quality of my tower.

10. Kotobukiya

Kotobukiya Shopkeep Stealer

Hey there franek, just wanted to say your tower works wonders when im using it in JP CTF. Archers cant get over it and even if they bomb arrow it there's still another one of your towers further back haha. Its my standard tower of choice in CTF matches nowadays::D:
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 24, 2014 ---
    Its unfair to simply assume that since you did not have a knight VSing you. The tower prevents knights from slash spamming near the doors allowing your own knights to come out. If u're lucky enemy knights get stunned and are free kills. Furthermore you shldnt have gone builder. Rather, using a knight will easily rek the enemy builder, leaving the archer using. As for its effectiveness against builders, which towers are actually good against builders when they can simply kamikaze and take out as many blocks before they die?

11. stees

stees Builder Stabber

Great job! I used this in a game and it killed more than a few enemy, so I say A+

franek123 likes this.
  12. IguanaMan

IguanaMan Ballista Bolt Thrower

Except when you make it wrong and kill your team XD

Kotobukiya and franek123 like this.
  13. Illien

Illien Catapult Fodder

I have try this tower.

But, every times, builder's friends destroy woodens spikes. Because that's hurt friend's climber. :/

I don't know how to build this without builder's friends destroy it after building.

14. franek123

Kick'em all for griefing :rekt: