1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Kag Mafia II - A Fool's Venture: Town Victory

Discussion in 'Spamcan' started by Tiruin, Apr 4, 2014.

1. wait dude, ill read the entire thread again god

2. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

And then Ej immediately fished for roles.

3. A cold wind passes through the area.
    You feel cold despite being in the heat of the amber suns.
    It is morning.
    The weather is chilly outside.

==+=++=+==​

Vote standings:

- Apronymous -
    - Hella -
    - UnnamedPlayer -
    - Sir_Walter - Ej,
    - Stevedog -
    - Superblackcat -
    - norill - Superblackcat,
    - Vampire -
    - Ej -
    - No Lynch: UnnamedPlayer, Sir_Walter, Stevedog,

Not Voting: norill, Apronymous, Vampire, Hella

Day 2 has begun and will end at April 23, 2013 [Wednesday] 9:00 pm [GMT//UTC +8]

Extension requests: 0
    Shorten requests: 0

4 votes needed to extend the day
    5 votes needed to shorten the day

4. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

5. i get what we are doing now. NL

6. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

Are we all pretending to be the jailer now? I feel that the cop party has grown a little stale.

7. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

I jailed Hella last night, in case anyone was wondering.

8. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

In case anyone is wondering, we are not claiming JKer unless you are actually JKer. thanks, and come again.

9. Hella

If we're not claiming JKer unless we're JKer, then I hate to leave some fellows vulnerable. I jailed Ej last night, and since no-one died, he's either the victim or a nasty murderfreak.

10. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

@norill : I discussed jailer hypos before the game w/ superblackcat. Iirc, he was against them for exposing the jailer too fast.
    I'm not sure if it would help in one of these situations, where most town have a pretty clear idea on who got jailed.

However, depending on the situation, it might be profitable for jailer to claim before lylo.
    I'd rather have jailer out who he jailed as cop hypo reports, or let it subtly, at least until is either lylo or he got some info that could lead to a maf lynch.

11. Superblackcat

I want the Jailer out, Because it's quite obvious that he did jail mafia. It's worth it.

12. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

Could some one knowledgeable explain why the mafia couldn't just be messing with us to find the jailer and cast suspicion on a townie?

13. Superblackcat

Because the Townie Jailer would be smart enough to claim?

14. UnnamedPlayer

No, he most likely jailed a town that was going to get killed.

Are you playing bad on purpose? I'll drop my fos here on SBC, he is an experienced mafia player to be committing such basic mistakes.

15. Hella

What Unnamed said. Jailer would have saved a victim if he jailed them.

16. one of these must have happened:
    so there is 42 cases of jailer blocking maf vs 35 of jailer jailing vanilla townie. but this does not reflect actual probabilities. it would if you assumed random selection of person to jail or nighkill. of course the selection wasnt random, me and unnamed were more likely to be chosen by maf, so jailer could have anticipated that and generate a collision. but the other option (blocked maf) also had ej and vampire who were more likely choice for jailer. and there is a 3rd option which i didnt include in my "math post": mafia didnt kill anyone on purpose to troll us. how probable is that? i have nfi.

whatever happened, jailer claiming now is a bad idea and jailer hypo is better in every way

17. Superblackcat

Still, two clears? Worth it.

Cops out as well. (Real ones)

We can afford a lynch on the real one, that gives a for sure on the fake one. Unless, of course, no cop.

18. Hella

Being brutally honest, at the moment Ej is my primary suspect, and, as such, I'm gonna vote for him.

I still love you though, Ej. Just not in a nice way.

Vote Ej.

19. UnnamedPlayer

>Rolefishing this hard
    What if jailer was on someone who we already strongly believe is innocent? Or jailer and cop were on the same person? What we will learn from it?
    It would add virtually no new information to town, and the jailer would be dead on the next day.

Mafia wouldn't CC cop because there is no doc. Or, worse, there is no cop, mafia claims cop, and bang, mafia is 'clear'.

Your ideas are being so bluntly bad that, judging by your previous game experience, I believe you're not trying to help in any way.

Anyway, I'll leave my scumhunt here. Please notice that some of these are wrong. Obviously not everyone who I pointed out as having scummy behavior is scum, but I feel it's important to point out all the inconsistencies early. Take these with a grain of salt.

People who I strongly believe/know are town:
    @norill
    I guess this goes without saying
    @Apronymous
    Cop report. Also, no maf would ever be so blunt to engage me from the moment the game started, and to keep pushing it when he was losing the discussion. Such move drags too much negative attention to yourself, and too early, and have no payoffs (maf doesn't care to ensure that one specific player gets lynched on D1).
    @Ej
    His proposed strategies tell me a lot more about his alignment than his death quarrel w/ Walter. He proposed a Cop CC on gamestart, mistaking this for another setup, and he seemed genuine about it.
    Maf isn't likely to have this misconception, because vanilla maf would just claim cop (or, and RC mafia would know that this isn't a classic setup. On top of that, he said his second post about a strategy he was thinking about sound genuine.
    @Vampire
    Vampire is hardly the most experienced player around. That said, he is likely part of town. This may be a misconception on my part, but I think the guy is playing too randomly and badly to have any secret agenda. He is too eager, too rushy, too naive.

Rest of you folks:
    @Stevedog
    At the end of last game, Stevedog told me that I wouldn't be trusted so easily this time, so I expected at least a bit of resistance from him as a townie. Yet, here he is following the strategy I proposed w/o raising a question.
    @Hella
    I'm inclined to think that Hella is playing maf this game. He have a sense of humor, I don't think he would pick-up on SW because of a joke normally.
    @Sir_Walter
    I don't get a maf vibe from walter at all, and I don't think the joke flavor from past game he posted makes him scummy. He is pretty neutral to me, wouldn't be along my first lynch options.
    @Superblackcat
    Is being less than useless this game, despite being one of the most experienced players around. Is also actively pushing for a jailer and cop out after only one night, which is just plain retarded. Also likely maf.

I wouldn't be surprised if mafia team was Hella-Stevedog or Hella-SBC. You can guess who my primary suspect is. I'd like to hear more about his reasons for voting Ej, other than the fact that he is tunneling Sir_Walter from D1.

EDIT: forgot to bold one line, Hella can confirm that no other changes were made to the post
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 23, 2014 ---
    Also, if Ej is your innocent report, why are you voting him? :huh?:

20. Hella

Filthy editing, Unnamed. Filthy.

After careful examination of my techniques, I can safely presume that I forgot that I cop hypo'd on Ej as inno, I don't know why, maybe I'm not actually the cop? On the other hand, I jailer hypo'd on Ej as well, and considering that nobody died, and we have some loose lynches, I'd happily throw him into the sacrificial flames so that the jailer/cop has an easier time of things. Who knows, he may actually be evil, or he may have just been on the wrong end of the jailing equation.

By the way, my other finger points at SBC, for pretty much the reasons you've summarised already.

Then again, you could be playing us like a flute. <3