1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[909][Gen] Nifty little tricks and tips

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Klokinator, Oct 12, 2013.

1. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

As an archer, if you have between 1 and 2 of one arrow type, and you use it, then you can legolas shot multiple arrow types. Good for if you want to water arrow then shoot a bomb arrow directly after it. Makes water arrows slightly more useful. And for the love of Jeminy Cricket, builders! Building a 1-thick stone wall on the front lines doesn't do too much! One single bomb placed just right and it's gone! All that stone disappears! Put some back wall on those things! And overhangs! Make overhangs!

zerd likes this.
  2. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

Evidently
    you haven't played against me :3
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 28, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 28, 2014 ---
    I bet the guy who made the rapture servers knows

3. zerd

zerd Arsonist
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

I got curious and checked the sponge code, apparently each sponge has 100 charges and spends one charge for each tile of water it removes.

For every "Tick()" (i assume this is called each physics update), it will remove the water tile it is currently centered at + the one above, below, to the right and to the left of it.

And just not to cause confusion: I did not make the rapture servers.

4. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

If you use the :heart: emote or the :skull: emote then you can provoke enemies easier. Also, hitting 5 after killing someone will often enrage them.

5. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

On the verge of death, pressing [Enter] will prevent enemies from killing you. If they still manage to kill you, write in chat that "they guy who killed you" is a damn chatkiller; nobody loves chatkillers. This will decrease the enemy morality and might release havoc on the enemy team. When this happens your are sure to win the game.

in TTH you can create boxes on the workbench. You can hide in those boxes and getting carried by Archers, to infiltrate the enemy base. Also you can shoot yourself as a builder on the cata without taking damage.

Edit: litte grammar fix
    Edit 2:
    A even more advanced tactic is continously opening chat (by just writing in chat) and creating votes to distract other players and dont forget to use emoticons CONSTANTLY. You will be invisible for the enemy behind all those message boxes!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
    zerd likes this.
  6. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Putting a lit keg inside of a dinghy will do it's usual intended effects, but will NOT blow up the dinghy for some random reason. Allow the dinghy-keg wars of 2014 to commence. This also works if the keg is placed inside of a hall, a war boat, a crate INSIDE of one of the above, and a crate inside of a dinghy inside of a catapult. The crate --> dinghy --> catapult technique also allows for a free ride for a few people in the dinghy! (Doesn't fly very far, but still...) Surprise! BOOM!!!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 30, 2014 ---
    Another one! If you hold a chicken, get in a dinghy, and have that dinghy loaded in a catapult, the chicken helps the dinghy glide, and results in flying dinghies of doom. EDIT: Further testing complete. As it turns out, for every chicken on board the dinghy, it goes a little further before it plummets. If someone can figure out how to get a longboat in a catapult, we can have a stalemate breaker...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    epenow, NinjaCell, emasame and 3 others like this.
  7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni

On a serious note. If a fire arrow hits a wooden tile, you can stop the spread of fire by turning the wood in to stone, provided the block is not damaged.

8. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

You can put sharks in catapults. EDIT: Sorry about the misinformation I had previously posted, I quickly tested something, but I was wrong. You can grab a friendly corpse and shield-disarm enemy mines and gain some lift, but if you grab an enemy corpse then disarm your own for lift, you won't get any.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  9. I feel superior because I play Beta like a Classic player. I don't think I ever use the double slash, I just charge one slash, then jab spamming. I know this doesn't work very well on experienced players, but it's still fun to use...

10. kodysch

The spike drop is a good offensive tool for builders. One hit kills anyone it touches.

11. epenow

Theoretically you can stack dinghys infinetlly meaning there's no limit on how many people you can fire at once

12. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

Like have someone holding a dinghy sitting in a dinghy? I want to try to make a dinghy chicken airship so bad now.

13. epenow

Yup

14. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

You can change to builder at quarters
    You can convert a workshop without being builder (pick up materials off the ground and put in inventory then go to unconverted workshop and turn it into a building)
    You can buy stuff at builder shop the same way as above
    You can change class at ballista (yeah everyone knows this but it's important to remember in enemy base)

^ use these things in enemy base

15. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Maybe they should remove that... :huh?:

It is kind of weird ability ::D:

16. kodysch

I think they should keep it, but if they do, fix the random chance that it bugs out and sticks to thin air.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 28, 2014, Original Post Date: Apr 28, 2014 ---
    Also nifty trick #56 you can resupply at the enemies tent.

epenow likes this.
  17. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

I don't have to mine or something thanks to resupply in the beginning. USE RESUPPLY!

18. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

I only use resupply when building shops, because it doesn't really give enough stone for a decent tower.

19. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

people need to drop resupply for builders every time they spawn. saves so much fucking time and effort.

Koveltskiis likes this.
  20. Olimarrex

Olimarrex Ballista Bolt Thrower Official Server Admin

By being alive in lag-tropolis. I have found several actually *gasp* useful things you can do so long as you have lag:
    1. Bomb jumping, if you have around 100-200 ping you can throw bombs on the ground and they will all appear at once. Therefore they all explode at once. Which makes a really huge jump. If you have too much ping though the bombs will mess up and spew on the floor at the same time, then explode before you notice.
    2. If you are a builder with around 100-8sideways ping you can walk up to the enemy base/wall/thing that you want to get in to. And then just jump right at the wall/other, But just before your about to hit the bottom of the wall/other and place a block underneath you. If it works and hasn't been fixed yet you should fall in to the block, then the block will appear, and you will be somehow shoved in the wall, at this point try moving through the wall. So long as its thin enough (around less than 8 blocks thick or something) You should be able to get in the base. If this is TTH you can use it to get in to the base. I can try and get a vid of me doing it if you'd like.
    I would laugh if franek was on here :D