1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Arrow skipping on water

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by President_Obama, Apr 18, 2014.

?

Good?

1. Yes

14 vote(s)
    93.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. President_Obama

President_Obama Catapult Fodder

This:
    [​IMG]

Water will be a little bit less frustrating for archers.

Potatobird and Aeroblitzer like this.
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

It is an interesting idea, it would just have to be implemented so that if you were to fire an arrow straight down it wouldn't bounce straight up. So you would have to set a default angle for which the arrow will and won't bounce.

I think it would be cool to see, but the work to create it would be quite a bit of work.

3. Auburn

Auburn Prepare Yourself! Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't we able to do this in earlier builds of beta? (Or was it only with bombs?) If so, why was it removed?

4. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Definitely would add a new aspect to the game. But that's quite alot of arrow bounces you've shown, I think you should reduce the bounces by one or two. The archers would have to be fully powered for this to work..right?

Would seem quite funny against a knight who thinks your aiming at the water and not at him , and ending in him dying ::D:

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

This used to be a thing, I cant remember why it was removed but it was potentially that it actually made it harder to kill people under the water unless you had quite a high angle to shoot in without skimming.
    Might also have been for performance though as there can be a _lot_ of arrows ingame at once, and all of them already do quite a bit of work, especially around water.

6. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

That makes sense actually, I was on board with the idea at first but if it interfered with shooting someone below the water then that's not the best idea.

7. austinthus

austinthus Horde Gibber

Well think about it: Yes, they can hide underwater to avoid your arrows, but at the same time, they're drowning and need to resurface, but what's at the surface? Your arrows. It would still be pretty effective, and arrows shot underwater don't do much damage anyways.

zerd likes this.
  8. TROPICALear5

TROPICALear5 Shopkeep Stealer

its a great idea but what about if you want to shoot someone under the water... a good thing about it is , stopping enemies from getting out the water, as said by austinthus

9. Verzuvius

Verzuvius Shark Slayer

Just don't get into water and fight against a good knight... :B):

Mods: Rainbows