1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Admins canceling vote kicks or overriding them

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by makmoud98, May 4, 2014.

?

Useful?

1. Pretty useful

97.0%
  2. Not that useful

3.0%
Mods: Rainbows
  1. makmoud98

makmoud98 You are already DEAD Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

There should be a button for admins when vote kicks popup they can cancel it completely or override it to their favor. This is useful because sometimes a griefer will accuse someone else of griefing and the other person will get kicked.

Tern, Noburu, RadioActive and 3 others like this.
  2. yes pls make this happen k thx

3. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Most times I see the vote kick button use it's got nothing to do with briefing or spamming or breaking the rules, it's just about getting revenge on th person who killed you usually or when people are raging they use it. Then usually people say yes kick the accused greifer, without much thought and well... Yeah. Or if an admins dealing with the greifer, then people decide to kick him....

This would be really helpful.

Vampire likes this.
  4. KingXandercosm

KingXandercosm Shipwright

Very helpful! With this, they could get rid of a lot of the annoying "no spammer" things about votekicking.

chronologos likes this.
  5. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

+Billion
    Cancel map votes and kickvotes button would be my favorite :3

6. KingXandercosm

Oh yes! I didn't even think about map votes! So perfect!

7. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Please remember that this is for Beta!

Yes it would be helpful on Beta. *Classic should of got it long time ago. This would prevent random kicking.*

8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

I'll see what I can do about it. Nothing promised though, and only for beta, if it's going to happen.

Tern, Vampire, Noburu and 3 others like this.
  9. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

A button to not vote would be nice for votes

10. bout

bout Shark Slayer

You can just wait these 20 seconds to don't vote at all, @epenow.

11. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

yeah but it gets annoying especially in the middle of combat

ThePiemaster likes this.
  12. bout

bout Shark Slayer

Not really on high resolutions.

13. Leo

Leo Haxor

Very good idea, you got my vote.

14. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I don't even see why votekick system is necessary if there's an admin on. Why not just disable it entirely? If someone is griefing or whatever the admins can just kick/ban them.

As for next map votes, would be nice if those stayed but had admin buttons to cancel.

I really just hate votekicks because people always votekick me for stupid shit

15. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

+10. Basically two admins were on BD, sangfroid got voted for some stupid reason, and neither of us could do anything to prevent sang from getting kicked.

16. KingXandercosm

I once got kicked because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Right where the crime took place but the criminal escaped leaving me standing in the pile of rubble he had created. Then, all the team gathered round and said "WTF NOB GREFR!!!". I was kicked shortly after...

Waky and makmoud98 like this.
  17. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

wow why isn't this guy banned?

Last edited: May 11, 2014
    Sir_Walter and Waky like this.
  18. ThePiemaster

ThePiemaster Haxor

Semi-related question; why does the other team get to vote on kicking someone? Of course they are going to try and keep the griefers on the other team.

19. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I always vote "no" unless someone explains what they did first. If I'm on the other team or didn't see what they did, then I have no way of knowing if they actually did anything wrong. I don't know why so many people just mindlessly vote "yes". And usually people don't vote to keep the griefers on the other team, because 1. it's an assy thing to do and 2. the griefers usually switch teams and grief everybody.

That's nothing. I got kicked once in shiprekt for getting griefed, trying to votekick the griefer (after explaining what he did), and then getting accused myself of being the griefer, on no grounds, by the griefer I tried to votekick... bam, votekicked unanimously.

Chumind likes this.
  20. KingXandercosm

I think, honestly, the whole votekicking thing can be a bit unfair because people just vote on whims. Like, the griefer's username might be ummm... Chocolate Fudge or something. Everyone likes chocolate fudge so some of em' might vote no. And even a few votes can turn the whole thing around. Even I get sucked into the trap sometimes. Like, if I see someone with a really stupid username trying to kick someone, I usually vote no. I think it's kind of part of human nature... But I'm not sure how to account for that yet. The crux of the problem is really the fact that most people in the vote can't even see the griefer in action. It's usually just one guy who starts a vote when he spawns in and sees the base destroyed... All in all, I think votekicking has some serious issues to work out.

Mods: Rainbows