1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Lack of players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grendell100, Feb 17, 2014.

?

Would you like to have KAG Classic on Steam as free-to-play game?

1. Yes.

69.9%
  2. No.

19.1%
  3. I don't care.

11.0%
  1. loganw45

loganw45 Catapult Fodder

I think putting Classic on steam would be a good idea because players are attracted to free games and lets plays. Even though Beta is a lot different from Classic I think most KAG players play Classic first to try out the game before moving to Beta anyway, so Classic on steam can't really keep players away from the game.

2. mascot101

mascot101 Catapult Fodder

We need more players around night time

3. What do you mean when you say night time? (You know, there are 24 different time zones xD)

4. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Don't worry, When summer comes along it will be more popular. You will see more senior people in the game :)
    Maverick will come back in the summer :)

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

maybe they should make the game free... a lot of ppl would play

6. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

I kind of agree with that 49%. But the world spins because of money these days. The developers should get income because they earned it :D. But on the other hand it gives the premium people who love classic are on a disadvantage because of all the greifers and hackers on Classic (Not saying that Beta is complete free of hackers and greifers.).

They could make the game free and rely on ad revenue? Maybe in the future idk.

7. They shouldn't make it free, that'd make no sense, that would kill KAG

8. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

How about that they can only join 1 server (Ran by officials). So that they can get beta as a feel. (Characters can only move. No building/attacking/grapping hooks etc)

9. I don't think that that would have a positive outcome. I guess that'd just be boring and would rather piss people off and take away their "desire" to continue playing, instead of making them want to start playing properly.

Waky and Hermap like this.
  10. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

free premium for anyone every x-mas, a gift for poor people that don't have money :-( but you only have 24 hours to get the premium key. < plox.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2015
    Waky and InsaneMTL like this.
  11. metalcallous

metalcallous Shipwright

You mean like what Red Orchestra 2 did? XD
    Still, KAG is still in Beta, while RO2 is half a decade old. A smart move they did to bring back alot of server population. The KAG devs deserve some income :)

12. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Nope, it's out of Beta since Steam/November.

Waky and Shadlington like this.
  13. miniu

miniu Haxor

Yup. Fully support this idea.

14. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Or maybe 3 days in every month when every player can play beta? but after the 3 days are over, they need to wait a month again...

15. 3p1cL0bster

3p1cL0bster Ballista Bolt Thrower

I like wormy's idea. If they could have a premium account for a short period of time, they would want to be able to play whenever they want if they like the game... a week every 2 month, maybe, because if the "brake time" is too short, they didn't really need to buy the game.
    This would bring a lot of new people, without even putting classic on steam.

InsaneMTL and miniu like this.
  16. I agree, but putting Classic on Steam would be cool anyways xD

3p1cL0bster likes this.
  17. 3p1cL0bster

Yea, with a bit more work, Classic could become a success itself :D KAG 1 - classic KAG 2 - Beta xDD who knows...

InsaneMTL likes this.
  18. Humblar_Tabulu

Humblar_Tabulu TURTLE Turtle turtle... Donator

I'm curious... How many people play Classic still? :P

I personally don't care for it, or else I'd obviously know!

:wink::thumbs_down:

19. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

regularly probably like 100-175, not sure

20. 3p1cL0bster

Classic? Classic has max online 75 usually...