1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Lagging on Beta.

Discussion in 'Help' started by Chumind, May 15, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Ok, I switched over to Beta recently because of Classic not downloading :(.

When i play beta the ping on each of the servers is always over 300ms. I have turned on faster graphics etc but it is still lagging.

My internet connection has a 30ms ping and a download of 20 mb/s and upload of 3mb/s.

My computer specs is

AMD 6300 over clocked to 4.5ghz
    Onboard GPU :D 256mb
    16 gb of ddr3 1600 ram

Thanks Chumind.

2. Yantex

Yantex :^)) Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Hi there! I've had this problem too, But my lag problem is all good now. There actually already is a thread about this, click this : https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/low-performance-3.18938/

If you want to know how to fix it fast, click this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuh1XW3Kz-s

Also! Just a few small things you can do;
    To squeeze some performance out:
    • Make sure you have nothing else running at the same time as KAG (ESPECIALLY web browsers, close background processes eating more than ~5% RAM and any CPU as well)
    • Mark KAG as high priority in task manager (ctrl+shift+esc -> http://grab.by/uoY6 )
    • Make sure all drivers are up to date
    • Set windows theme to "classic" (the ugly grey one)
    Something geti said about fixing fps/lag.

Hope this helped you.

3. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

I tryed all of those :D

4. Yantex

Yantex :^)) Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

How did it go?

5. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Nothing useful. Its still lagging :(

6. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

What does the server browser say your connection quality will be before you connect? It should say in the server description.

7. Is your graphics card an AMD one? Is one of your CPU cores maxing out whenever you play KAG?
    If so to both of the above, it's likely a driver issue. Try updating your video card's driver and then try playing KAG. Something like ATIOGLXX.DLL, but only download it from AMD's site and nowhere else.

Assuming that it's a framerate (jerky, shuddering movement that doesn't update very fast) issue and not a lag (players moving normally, but teleporting occasionally) issue.

8. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

I have a integrated graphics :D And no my cpu is at like 4% while playing.

9. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

integrated chips are always bad, even if they seem to be good at all, they will most likely cause problems.

How many FPS do you have?
    Try to play KAG on a lower resolution / + or in windowed mode.
    There's also a tool called 'Game Booster' which might sometimes help.

10. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Tryed all that. Frames is around 10 fps.

To poor for a GPU.

11. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

Hm, That's weird since KAG Classic and Beta share the same engine, so there can't be a big difference in the performance actually.
    How many FPS do you get in Classic?
    What operating system are you on ? For the case you are on Windows you might try to install Ubuntu, but I'm not sure if it's woth the effort and you can't even be sure that it will work then.

Installing Ubunut is pretty easy and there is a Windows Installer to do so which you can get here:
    link
    It will not replace your current oS but you can switch between them then.

12. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Arsenist Administrator Global Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I believe that scripting makes beta heavier than classic.
    I use linux myself and run into performance issues when playing on populated servers, it seems to be a fairly common complain.

Here are some quotes from when we were discussing the subject with Geti on IRC:

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  13. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Ubuntu doesn't lag but Windows does :/ Both games lag but Classic lags less with like 18 frames.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey