1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

The KAG championships.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DragonShark, May 22, 2014.

1. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

I have seen some videos from Alpha with championships of clans.
    So, I am wondering, why doesn't beta have it?
    It would be really cool if there would be a championship.
    Not hosted by me, but maybe an Admin or mod from the forums.
    It should look like this:

[​IMG]

I just drew that. ;)

I hope this would be a real thing, and organisized by staff.
    Please give me tips, and some info!
    Thank!
    - DragonShark

2. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

sundered and arena were two our beta championships so far. sundered died after kouji and contrary (RIP their souls) both had to disappear for reasons. arena looked somewhat like your 10/10 picasso picture. arena finals were BoW and SHARK but match never happened since most of us were gone. sundered got somewhat past round 1, then it died.

tl;dr championships a shit.

Apronymous likes this.
  3. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

That was a major one.

It ended up falling through because of server issues, support by admins dropped off, and overall interest kinda plummeted.

Edit:

Damn it Yagger.

4. DragonShark

DragonShark The one post after the other. Donator

Hm, I hope it could be organized sometime again.
    It's really damn cool.
    The best of the best fight there.

5. kedram

kedram Drill Rusher Tester

well, the closest best forseeable thing coming soon would be gather, it used to exist in classic and was setup over the irc. basically there were gather servers for kag and they were all passworded. you would go to irc and ready up, once there were enough people everyone would go the server and have a match. all the kills and deaths and wins and losses were recorded and kept on irc. i do know that its being revived and is coming out again soon within the month.

zerd likes this.
  6. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

the arthurian league was a good thing. Maybe someone can revive it.

Karpovich and CrystalClear like this.
  7. all people that care about competitive kag are children or idiots and they cannot be trust on scheduling anything/showing up on time/not calling all games hoaxes

/thread

8. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

>MOLE never shows : the movie

9. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

That one game where 1 round I was on the wrong team for half the game.
    The round still counted.
    We then still won.
    #Silvia4LYF

101i likes this.
  10. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

I would be willing to organize, but honestly do we even have enough active clans to fight?

11. I'm not sure we have, no. At the moment, perhaps similar community events like the Admins vs. All could be useful - not just in Australia, thus giving people the chance to play a sorta unique gamemode on any of the KAG Official servers.

12. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

^ this + gather is honestly more compelling to me than any competition at the moment. Would have to be organised by regional admins for the AvA side of things to work of course.

Mazey likes this.
  13. GoodOldKAG

GoodOldKAG Catapult Fodder

Do we have a properly functioning game for this? Coz beta still... you know...:thumbs_down:

14. I'm gonna stop this before it starts. This is discussing whether we should have some competitive matches, not on your attempts to force your views on us.

UnnamedPlayer likes this.
  15. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

[Zen] vs All was a great event. About 20 player showed up, we had a lot of fun and was held like 5-6 times. We can revive that, or organize a new championship, with a new server dedicated just to that. I believe it is possible, we just need some moderator and hoster for it which is completely legit. I support the idea and willing to help to make it happen. People who come here and cry about 'competitive KAG is bad' are either kids or idiots. If you don't like it leave it alone and go play on your fun servers. Some wants to have fun this way.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    Lawrence_Shagsworth and Malitha like this.
  16. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

My opinion is that in the beginning setting up clan wars will be difficult because they have to establish themselves in order for people to take them seriously (showing up mostly lol). I absolutely believe that if a group of dudes put in some serious effort in the beginning just to get it rolling, after only a few months people would really start believing in it.

It's just the first hurdle that needs jumping over. There needs to be an official website page for it, properly assigned tournament admins, organisers etc.

It would work if it got established, and loads of people would LOVE it.

17. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

No, the first hurdle is that people need to stop making or joining a 100 different clans. If people weren't making a new clan everyday and rather joined an existing one while actually keeping in contact with one another, this would be less of a problem. You can't get anyone to show up if the clan is dead.
    Why do you need an official website? What would different than using the resources we already have available (aka Threads, conversations, groups, WhenIsGood, IRC and so on)?

18. daskew87

daskew87 Legendary corpse humper Donator

A website would make it more attractive I think.

As with the clans thing. The competition would i believe make people stay in clans longer. People are probably switching clans right now a lot because they are getting bored and have little reason to stay in their old ones.

Cementing clans with a tournament would be very effective. It's not peoples bad attitudes that's the problem. That's not going to change even if they were like that. It's the incentives and disincentives about joining in and staying in a clan and a tournament is a brilliant way to achieve both.

I'm just giving my thoughts on it. I am quite aware I could be wrong

19. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

An integrated clan system would be amazing! Something like (although it's bad) Clash of Clans - but then different of course, no power but clantag name etc. So sad it was scrapped ::(:

20. Hella

Hella The Nightmare of Hair Global Moderator Donator Tester

That's what the Arthurian League had, and did. People still swapped clans throughout, clans still died. It's almost as if people don't take a small game on the internet seriously!

Vampire and Kouji like this.