1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Are gameplay mods illegal?

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Blue_Tiger, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Haxor Tester

I just want to say, I hate the KAG item-choice controls. You push F, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. And it really isn't great to have this system in the middle of a battle, expecting to push F and get a water arrow, come out with a regular arrow, die, [rage, get kicked].

So, I was wondering if it is illegal to get/make gameplay altering mods such as one to make it so when you push - you get:

1 - Arrow
    2 - Water Arrow
    3 - Fire Arrow
    4 - Bomb Arrow

Because I believe this should have been done a long, long time ago.

2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Pretty sure you'd be allowed to do that as long as you aren't editing any .dll or .ini files since that would be considered hacking. It's basically just a macro in the end and if you just have to edit .as files, it'd be fine to do.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Of course, editing the AS files to enable anything canonically considered a cheat is a fast track to getting flagged as a hacker :^)

Tapping F always works if you have the next item available, but the order of arrow selecting is counter-intuitive for sure. It may or may not be dealt with in the future.

We haven't used the number keys for this kind of thing because they're explicitly used for the emoticons, always have been and always will be, since they're very important for instant communication between languages and without voice chat.

spl_itt_ing likes this.
  4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

So setting up macros is allowed?

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yes, you're just a pleb if you need them, clearly. @lavalord

Nivlac_13 and Asu like this.
  6. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Haxor Tester

Easily fixed with two things:

1) Able to turn off/on using numbers as emoticons
    2) having default keys for each arrow, and being able to change them (to number keys)

P.S. I'm 100% sure when I pushed F, I was going to get a water arrow, but instead got a regular. I had them in my inventory, and switched from Arrow to Bomb before proceeding to Water. The only pleb here is someone getting owned whilst following a pretty bad control system (no offence to you :P).

7. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

8. Geti

Adding more keys requires syncronisation though, and adding ability to turn on/off emoticons requires options in the menu and a bunch of code for actually doing the selecting. If we were to add more keys to configure, the key configuration menu would be a nightmare - the current number of keys doesn't even fit.

If you can provide a way to reliably reproduce the "won't select my arrows" bug I can fix it, but I haven't experienced it while playing archer (which I do quite regularly, and use a lot of spec arrows)

9. this has to be fucking trolling

Klokinator likes this.
  10. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Shh you. I only use macros to type your insanely long !commands.

Hrodvitnir likes this.
  11. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Can we get the pie menu from back in Classic? Made everything simpler.

kodysch likes this.
  12. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

Your mother was a hamster.

Asu likes this.
  13. Boea

Boea Such Beta

That is another pie menu we need back. The Taunt/Command Pie Menus.

kodysch likes this.