1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Bomb jump platforms

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by tru0067, Jun 13, 2014.

1. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Isn't it annoying when your own team's knights whittle down your overhangs when they bomb jump. If builders place wood platforms on top of the overhang or extending past it, the tower will hopefully need less upkeep and the overhang will last longer.

I'm a big fan of Bomb jump platforms (mainly because I'm a big fan of bomb jumping), but they really do add to the survivability of a tower.

A little thing that really can make a big difference.

emasame likes this.
  2. bout

bout Shark Slayer

You can also bomb yourself standing on a crate/midair.

3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You might want to provide a picture of what you mean - while the gist of it is clear it's always helpful to have a visual aid :^)

4. Ricket

Ricket Shipwright Staff Alumni
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

If you become proficient enough at bomb jumping, you can eventually (after practice) learn how to jump without the bomb touching the blocks, hence no need for platforms. Plus, in combat you can't get you bomb shot or stolen by cheeky teammates.
    That face though Geti :^{ )

giggiggiggiggig likes this.
  5. Takain

Takain Ballista Bolt Thrower

he means

:castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_bg::ladder_bg::ladder_bg:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_bg::castle_bg::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt:

so when you bomb jump you wont destroy the stone, as platforms need much more to get destroyed...
    its good indeed cuz even that we can bomb jump on mid air, we cant double/triple bomb jump on midair...

6. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Or you could use trap blocks.. since, you know, trap blocks are immune to ally bomb/bomb arrow explosions. ;)

Harold7, valtzu, Dargona1018 and 4 others like this.
  7. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Hm, I didn't know that, but it could work quite nicely. It would remove the need to keep replacing platforms, although at the cost of some stone...

EDIT: To have team block bj platforms, they would have to be slightly raised to prevent this:
    2014-06-23_00001.jpg

This could also be done to wood platforms placed directly on top, but it would be much easier to combat and repair.

2-3 blocks raised team block bj platforms would also give a slight distance increase, so I'm going with that from now on

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  8. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

That design is horrible though. Trap blocks are just free indestructible stone doors for the enemy. They can pass through, you cannot. In this instance, the enemy can pop up, slash one of your guys, pop back down, and you're at a strategic disadvantage.

9. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

ha ha, yeah trap blocks have few uses and are not really cost effective.

10. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I wish the devs would put trap bridges back in. Maybe for 60 wood, while retaining the regular bridges for 30 wood. That would actually be useful.

giggiggiggiggig and Dargona1018 like this.