1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1120] Trampoline launchers

Discussion in 'Classes & Mechanics' started by Ej, Jun 19, 2014.

1. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

OMGG!!!!!! baulder can do somethgin good!!!1! NEARFF!F!!!1!!!1!111

2. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Thats why you make a big enough wall so they hit the wall. Or find out where they hit the wall and add wood spikes there. But to avoid early death just swap to knight beat em up. Change to builder and make a tall wood wall. Later then enforce said wall! easy as 1 2 (rage) 3! :eek:

3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

The issue is that a tall tower is unsustainable. Once toppled, or kinked it comes falling down very quickly... a waste of time, and expense.

Medieval likes this.
  4. Medieval

Medieval Haxor

This is true.
    but it is possible, if you build one during the building phase.

5. Shadowor

Shadowor Shark Slayer

Let's just make the trampoline face upward only all the time? So you can't spin them around for a vertical launch
    But in the first place, why trampolines exist? To jump over towers? Pretty hard to set up one and keep it there.
    Reach high places? Ladder
    First I was okay with this launcher, but now I see them in almost every game, and it is getting annoying.

Medieval likes this.
  6. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

Good point. didn't think of that situation.

7. I actually like trampolines when they're set up traditionally. Instead of removing them, the player should just collide with the bottom of them... It just makes sense and would fix this problem.

8. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

If you are a knight with a bomb and a trampoline, and you time it correctly, you can get much much much higher and farther than with a 5-tramp tramp-cannon. Does that mean that we must nerf bombs? Nerf tramps?

Not particularly.

I think that the Tramp-Towers are useless, and I haven't seen anyone use it for a while.
    I think that people are using it incorrectly, but at the same time, tramps aren't used much, but when people do use them, they destroy the other team. I think that the tramps should be used much more in the game, just not as the cannon.

9. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

this is false. with one bomb and a tramp you travel about the same distance as a double bomb jump. ive tested it but if you can prove me otherwise that would be a revelation for me. a 5 tramp cannon spans whole maps practically.

10. sinitreo

sinitreo Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Zen Laboratories

5 tramp cannons are the same as 4 tramp cannons in terms of speed and distance. More trampos = more glitches.

It's a bit too badass description for "a lil bit further". The only reason to use bomb on the trampocannon is to fly over the blocking wall in the end of your way.

Not sure what you mean. Then only way to fly "cannon distance" using bombs is to play with 100+ ping. Then you can do "DD" bombjump that will probablly not get you to where cannon usually will.

11. TurtleGalaxy

TurtleGalaxy Catapult Fodder

I find it ironic that you spelled stupid wrong :P

Noburu likes this.
  12. tru0067

tru0067 Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester

Tramp cannons are op, i agree that you should not be able to travel through multiple tramps, and you should only be launched when you land on it from the top.

I know KAG isn't real life, but you can't just travel through the bottom of a trampoline AND get the speed boost, tramps should either not work from the bottom, or have a collision box that prevents you from passing through the bottom, which would also make them hurt when dropped on people (another thing that should be in the game (seriously, if I dropped a trampoline on you, it would hurt right))

13. Dargona1018

Maybe it was just a glitch, but I went farther than if you hopped onto 5 mines . . at once..
    And it was in a legitimate game.

I'll try to reenact it later on..

14. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

They are far from OP and fairly certain were made to be used like they are on purpose. It's fairly easy to make them useless since they only take you into one direction. If you know the direction the enemy jump cannon/whatever is facing, make adjustments to your base, not complain and complain, about something that's there for fun, that most people seem to enjoy.

Dargona1018 and -Crimson- like this.
  15. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Adjust your base with what? Glass-delicate towers to the top of the map?
    That's unviable, and the height arms race is not fun.

It's worth complaining if there is something that is dirt cheap, trivializes the map, and all the structures made in the map.

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Should probably just make at the build phase, making it impossible to make trampolines until build phase is over with and at least say 5 minutes into the actual round. Then it gets unlocked. That should counter balance the issue most people are having unless it happens because people spend too much time during build phase as a knight or archer doing jack shit.

17. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

you prime your bomb and then jump to the max height on the trampoline. you have to prime the bomb fairly correctly so when youre just bouncing off the trampoline at the maximum speed your bomb goes off at the same time. this gives you roughly the same distance as a double bomb jump.

source i practiced it in sandbox and have done it at around 100 ping.

18. sinitreo

sinitreo Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Zen Laboratories

Eh this talk is not about vertical cannons (which are useless).

19. Dargona1018

He isn't meaning with a vertical tramp cannon.
    He is speaking of just one trampoline.

20. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

its just a normal standing trampoline but you push the 'a' or 'd' key to move to the side. This is a thing. id make a video to explain this but why bother