1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What happened to KAG?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fadeddeathkirby, Apr 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

Classic had Sumo.

Sumo is love. Sumo is life.

Sumo.

2. >obvs no such thing as modding
    just leave now

3. dinotree

dinotree Shark Slayer

the irony

Koz_Wanderer, Mazey and Sir_Walter like this.
  4. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I see no sumo.

5. M00SHAK

M00SHAK Haxor

Is this a rhetorical question that makes you shut up and ponder the goals of life? Or is it seriously what's wrong with KAG? Because I miss the old skinny arrows, and now I'm stuck with these fat, bulky, glitchy arrows that no one likes. Plus, KAG is getting dumber players every day. I don't mean uneducated, I just mean snotty jerks that think they're trolls.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 13, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 13, 2014 ---
    Sheesh,now that I look back, my post was kinda harsh :( I hope I'm not like this all the time

RiftEnigma likes this.
  6. The new arrows definitely have a much better sprite but the old skinny ones were just cooler to snipe with. At the same time they're harder to see and arrows can be annoying enough.

7. M00SHAK

M00SHAK Haxor

I just wish they weren't so bulky, honestly. I was in a bad mood earlier...hatin on arrows :3

8. SeanAS

SeanAS Meth Addict Donator
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

Well said.

Geti likes this.
  9. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

Classic and its players are the heart and soul of kag. Thats the reason why half the people even hang out on irc or this forum, is to blab with all the cool people we met.

10. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

You sure? Most of the "core" players moved over to KAG from classic shortly after the beta release. Most of the IRC folk I recognise are either oldfags that have largely made the switch, or post beta/steam players. Most of the discussion on the forums is in the release version forums, not the classic forums. Most of the player base plays the release version. All of the current income and >90% of total income is from the release version.

How exactly does the classic community constitute the life blood of the game? If they're the heart and soul of the game, the game needs some urgent cardiovascular surgery and a religious experience.

11. Haste

Haste Bison Rider

I didnt intend to offend anyone by my post thats just simply how i feel. Kag classic and the people who played it when it was awesome are what make kag for me. I understand there was a great deal of work and effort on the testers and programmers of beta, and i dont disreguard beta as a good game, (although i would rather play classic)

RiftEnigma likes this.
  12. People can prefer a certain version over another. We're not fools for doing so. I do prefer alpha, although I never complain, I'd like my opinion to be heard rather than shit on.

Haste likes this.
  13. Koz_Wanderer

Koz_Wanderer Catapult Fodder

"what happened to kag"
    They made a new version and then left the one called classic. They got that positive community response from the beta. They worked to make a game people liked, one that can improve from that alpha. I supposed that is what your asking for.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  14. Brilly

Brilly Haxor

The simplicity of classic was one of it's best features.

Beta, whether you like it or not, is kind of a massive clusterfuck of content, which might be fun for modders and the like, but many see it as a distraction from the combat aspects of the game.

RiftEnigma and Haste like this.
  15. Koz_Wanderer

did i say i had an opinion?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 25, 2014 ---
    "whether you like it or not"
    this key phrase probably means you assumed i thought kag was better than kag classic, didn't you?

(took much time correcting)

16. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

If you get mindfucked and uninterested in Bets due to all it has to offer, then you might want to go get yourself checked for ADHD, Brilly.

17. Boea

Boea Such Beta

@Thiamor , Beta runs at a frenetic pace: You need adhd to cope wit the damn thing, and it's very stressful. It's a turn off, and everything simply melts in the summer's high sun.

RiftEnigma likes this.
  18. "improve" is clearly subjective due to the divide in opinions that has been shown here. You say they got a positive response yet, as someone previously has shown, the activity of KAG Beta via Steam is decreasing every week ( http://steamcharts.com/app/219830#All ). People in here were saying that the forums were more active for Beta than for Classic. Yet it appears that more people are playing Classic than Beta.
    I forgot when the forums were more important than the actual game.
    Everyone pro-beta should stop arguing about which version is better and why, and go play their preferred version of the game with it's ever-declining player-base.

19. Koz_Wanderer

great job

20. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Rift I'm not sure if you're trolling, but even if the playerbase decreases like the Steamcharts say, still doesn't mean Classic has more players. Classic is pretty much empty most of the time (this is a fact) and it surely is if you compare it to KAG.
    This post isn't an opinion, it's the truth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.