1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fun things to do instead of wrecking face

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Contrary, Jun 25, 2014.

1. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

Wrecking face is fun to do and it's your right as a superior player. But the only thing is, you can't wreck face if there's no faces to wreck. I popped in for a few matches today to do my usual thing, flying around and destroying lives. It was going good until I noticed that players were rage quitting faster than a wet Arcrave.

Then it struck me how oddly full the servers were for a Wednesday morning, and with a bit of research I found out about the whole Steam sale.

Guys, we need to hide our power level. It's fun to destroy everyone and win a match in 60 seconds, but that's not a good first impression for your opponents. In the past, I've done a lot of research on "outside" discussion of KAG via youtube videos, threads on other forums, etc. One of the biggest barriers to people is the sharp difficulty cliff of KAG and how hard it is to really accomplish anything before you learn the ropes. In particular many people had experiences with "that one unkillable guy" on the enemy team who prevented them from doing anything. I'm not saying you should become a pacifist, but maybe kill their whole team only once or twice before taking a break to let them enjoy the game too.

Let's brainstorm some ideas of fun things to do instead of ruining the other team's day:

-Carry around a bunch of fish and deliver sushi to enemies
    -Take a dinghy to the top of an enemy tower and start rowing while calling all passerbys "dirty landlubbers"
    -Start a chicken farm
    -Make people pay to see your x rated chicken procreation shows
    -criticize the state of people's teeth and then start waving a drill in their face. Make sure to charge exorbitant prices like an authentic dentist.
    -Offer bomb jumping lessons in the back of your base (best in TTH with infinite bombs)

valtzu, Darksteel, NinjaCell and 20 others like this.
  2. make a saw trap and watch the kills roll in

3. SAcptm

SAcptm Haxor Staff Alumni

I was showing people basic flagroom defence ideas to new builders earlier, and I saw 8x giving knight slashing classes.

Much more rewarding than screenshotting your inflated k/d ratios and trying to conceal the boner it gives you.

4. In my defense, I only used traps to get the kills....

Builderrekt.png

5. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

just carry corpses, its already an effective handicap

It would make sense implementing a system for ranking players based on ther skill/playtime and sort them in a specific server or the easy option make r00kie/trainings and elite server. I prefer second suggestion because the steam hype subside in a few days/weeks.

atleas the dev's can buy some groceries for the next month and don't have to live from breadcrust and rainwater. I already got the feeling geti started hallucinating cause of malnutrition.

Beef and Vampire like this.
  6. Thiamor

Thiamor Horde Gibber
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

What is needed is a series of training servers that new players have to join before it lets them join any other server, and it tells you to do certain things and when you do, it goes on to the next thing to do, to teach players how to play. Then when each thing is complete it unlocks the rest of the server list.

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

As much as MM thinks we should play up the starving indie side of things, we're not doing so badly :^)

Nice to see you're not dead Contrary. I agree with the sentiment here towards training and going a little easy on the waves of newbies. It was nice seeing people in IRC yesterday offering help and friendly chatter to some new players who dropped by.

8. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

this reminds me of the 'zen is retarded they kill all the newbs so kick them' steam thread

9. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Zen are genuinely overpowered. I used to be so op, too.

10. I try to help the new guys all the time but they just wont stop for a min and listen to me

RampageX likes this.
  11. help i try to sandbag every game and while it was working pre-sale, i cant get below 2:1 kd now

12. Contrary

Contrary The Audacious Paramount of Explosive Flight Donator Tester

13. sinitreo

sinitreo Shopkeep Stealer
    1. Zen Laboratories

Leo and me basically tried it on BD two months ago: made a Newbie server which filtered players based on BD ranking. But the server never got populated. So the idea was rejected =( It might worked better during steam flash tho.

14. Sir_Walter

Sir_Walter Haxor Staff Alumni Tester

I managed to get a house on blue side:

Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 9.16.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2014-07-02 at 9.18.31 AM.png

FuzzyBlueBaron and Waky like this.
  15. Didn't take a screenshot but I made a boat in a match with some newbies. I think they're names were @kedram, @rymcd, and a few others :wink:

16. bout

bout Shark Slayer

I like to stealthy capture enemy flags as archer, waiting in dark caves with drill in my backpack, waiting for opportunity to strike. Enemies' faces when "<my> team wins the game" thing shows up. ::P:

17. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

Or you could find one player who keeps wrecking face and target only them.

18. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

alternatively you can wreck (excuse me: rek) kkkontrary's face because then it would look nicer

jk contrary text me back already

p.s. never not murder scrubs

19. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

can i use that quote, i love seeing him rage every game ever

20. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

Or, you know, just play as a builder. That seems simple enough to me. Just try build tunnels (workshop) at the front, or a better base at the back.

Darksteel likes this.