1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Classic needs guards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Andr01d, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andr01d

Andr01d Bison Rider

Every time I log into classic, it seems, there is a griefer or a hacker, or multiple ones, running loose as if they own the place. I propose that more guards be added to classic, since the current server owners don't seem too keen on the whole "admins" thing.

Who's with me on this?

rawr, icemusher, Heisennberg and 3 others like this.
  2. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

all guard in the release version, can guard in the classic forum, but they don't bother unless they get a guard call since they don't want to play classic.

So, I disagree

Noburu and Andr01d like this.
  3. Andr01d

Andr01d Bison Rider

The game needs active moderation, and like you said, no guards really play classic. Most of the hackers have alts, like Vanguarde, and will just come back again and again with different alts, so it doesn't really help to call in a guard. Plus most guards are EU and I've never managed to summon one after like 4:00 pm EST.

I'm just saying, maybe the guardship from some of the old guards who don't use it anymore could be transferred to some new people.

I3lue and miniu like this.
  4. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

I think you would have a better chance petitioning server owners for more moderators than acquiring guard status.

UnnamedPlayer, Noburu and Andr01d like this.
  5. Andr01d

Andr01d Bison Rider

It doesn't have to be me. Having anyone who plays the game regularly would be a huge improvement over what we have now, which is nothing.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 21, 2014, Original Post Date: Jun 12, 2014 ---
    Yeah this was dumb, never mind

6. miniu

miniu Haxor

Good idea, but i dont think that Kouji and others will care about that. Last time it looks like noone care about classic. Classic Players just care about themselfes. It is just about time and classic will die. That's sad because i am an classic player, but thats true.

PinXviiN likes this.
  7. Well, the only guard I've seen playing classic is master4523, and that's only because he's lamenting on servers about Domis's leaving. But servers need more admins.

RadioActive, I3lue, magnum357 and 2 others like this.
  8. Harlekin

Harlekin Haxor

Well, it's pretty inconvenient to call a guard since the direct link to the IRC is broken for most of the people and is looking like this:
    [​IMG]
    It would be better to divide into Classic and Beta guards. The Classic Guards could be weaker, so that they're only able to manage the stuff in the Classic Client and in this forum section.

#occupykag #keepclassicalive

Piano and miniu like this.
  9. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

If you're using chrome, then you need to click the gray shield in the upper right-hand corner (in the address bar) and then select "Load unsafe script". Then, it will work.

Chrome can be annoying like that (but it's not our fault).

10. Harlekin

Harlekin Haxor

Well im using Firefox and i allowed the script already.

11. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

12. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

Still seems like the problem is on your end, because it should work with either browser. Firefox is the same, except the shield is in the upper left-hand corner, and you need to select 'Disable Protection on This Page'.
    I'm not sure if this is what you did.

If this doesn't work, then there are always other options, like the add-on that 8x recommended, or webchat, or even a client.

13. Harlekin

Harlekin Haxor

Managed to fix it. There was a protocol whyever which blocked it. Nevermind this is not a thread about the IRC Channel..

14. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

PUNK123 likes this.
  15. You read that Noburu?

PUNK123 likes this.
  16. WHOS GOING TO WATCH THE WATCHMEN

17. ???

18. Noburu

Noburu Dirty, DRUNK, Hillbilly Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Yes but AdiIRc is a standalone client with a very small memory footprint. Using a web browser for IRC is a horrible waste of resources.

19. Harlekin

Harlekin Haxor

JESUS CHRIST
    It feels like you want to distract from the original discussion.

20. PussyDestroyer

PussyDestroyer Bison Rider

I seen too masty but the others too ( @sinnertie @Galen ) but not seen more guards ::P:
    But we [classic players] will gonna die with classic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.