1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Fix expensive blocks/shops being pickaxe magnets

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ShnitzelKiller, Jul 17, 2014.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

For some reason, the game currently assumes that if you miss your swing while mining, you meant to destroy the nearest spike, team tunnel, or stone door. It's extremely frustrating and I've seen the killing blow to a tunnel be an accidental swing by a builder. It doesn't matter if these "special" blocks are behind you when you miss; they're getting the axe. To add injury to injury, the dynamic blocks susceptible to this behavior are generally the most expensive.
    So basically, if my cursor isn't on something, or at the very least, if I'm facing away from it, I'm not trying to mine it, and the game shouldn't assume I am.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

3. Boea

Boea Such Beta

Also, when you want to break spikes, it breaks the hard block next to it, or the backwall, or the door next to it.

Highlighted already, or no, it's a pain in the dick, and also happens with the jank of picking things up.

4. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

yup selection in kag is worse than the holocaust x10

NastyCamper likes this.
  5. dayleaf

dayleaf Haxor
    1. The Thieves Guild

*tries to cut a tree, breaks 2 saws, 1 workshop and 5 stone blocks* <--- devs plz

yes, its pretty horrible.

emasame and PinXviiN like this.
  6. Tern

Tern Quickfish Donator Official Server Admin
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

It would be nice if we could customize the item priority in the settings. Then you could choose which items are auto-targeted when you press the pickup key instead of having to deal with the current priority. I agree about breaking blocks, the auto-aim needs to be tweaked.

Corpsey likes this.
  7. Boea

Boea Such Beta

I really hate that I have to break everything within a 2-3b radius of platforms and the backwall behind the backwall behind the platform to get to the platform.

Apronymous likes this.
  8. Hrodvitnir

Hrodvitnir Blakkr Warg Donator
    1. Ethereal Legion- ETHER

Best thread yet.

9. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Yea, this is basically one of the things I miss from classic. Building not being clunky as fuck. Now the game will bleat at you and display a cryptic arrow if you don't get block placement JUST RIGHT, and yet removing things is like chiseling with a nuclear warhead.

Mods: Rainbows