1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

What is one small change that could improve the current build drastically? [1180]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheDirtySwine, Jul 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

the only class i could see keeping the wall climbing is builder, archer has a grappling hook, they should learn to use it instead of relying on ezmodo wall climbing

no, get rid of wall climbing entirely

JoshTG likes this.
  2. TheDirtySwine

TheDirtySwine Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Wait are you saying get rid of jumping from wall to wall to get up? I hate infinite wall climb but I think the wall climbing is fine on its own

Malitha and Apronymous like this.
  3. RogueCupcake

RogueCupcake Haxor Official Server Admin

If wall climbing was completely removed I don't think it would get a positive response from most players. Infinite wall climbing should be removed if possible but I don't think it is much of a problem because it isn't the easiest to do (some may not agree with that).

4. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

@Rayne ~ you could remove wallclimbing, I can Guarantee most/all of the steamies will leave this game. Just go play classic, your obviously homesick.
    @Raigbox ~ Try using the edit button.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    Anonymuse and AJFaas like this.
  5. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

In CTF everyone must be a builder until the last 30 seconds.

6. cerbr

cerbr Guest

Very true!

7. Malitha

Malitha Shipwright
    1. SIEGE Clan - SIEGE

Yeah; I like the sound of this, I hate the noobs who dont want to contribute and spend the build time slashing chickens and blocking buildings which are ongoing.
    Not allowing them to switch to any other class would definitely coax them into contributing for the team.

RadioActive likes this.
  8. Apronymous

Apronymous Bison Rider

They'll just swing at chickens instead.
    ...and they'll just do that without a shirt.

I like the concept of everyone being builder during the build phase, but most of the formerly useless players will continue to be useless. It's not like they don't know that they could be productive, it's just that they can't be bothered to do it.

9. FuzzyBlueBaron

FuzzyBlueBaron Warm, Caring, Benign, Good and Kind Philanthrope Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Hey you. ::):
    ----

In other, on-topic, news: Having not playd recently, I can't think of anything that's been lacking that others haven't already mentioned. So that said, I'll just wish for pie in the sky instead: Gliders and a giant sling-shot need to be added (but gerri already said no, big meanie ::(:).

Vidar likes this.
  10. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

It gives knights a little edge that they definitely need now with the powerful archers... I dont wanna start this balance thingy you guys are talking about but thats how i see it. Besides you can still put things on walls that makes it harder or impossible for knights to climb on it.

One more thing I wanna add to the small changes tho.
    NO MORE DESTROYING ENDLESS 50 STONE DOORS 35 STONE ROCKS! I really dont get why i have to keep explaining this incredible inbalance to people.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Aug 3, 2014 ---
    What also would be nice is that starter recources stack up so even afk people can contribute to the team

Anonymuse likes this.
  11. emasame

emasame Bison Rider

it would be nice and convenient if respawn materials didnt top you off and rather just gave you the full amount. its annoying having to drop my shit and then collect my 30 stone and 100 wood and pick up my resources again. if i could just run to the tent and get it that would be nice. its easier for scrubs to figure out too.

12. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

im guessing you want it to be more like classic so you can rule everything, sadly it is beta, and i totally disagree, imo this is whats wrong with suggestions nowadays, they are just to big of a change, like "make a giant explosion whenever games take to long!!!1!!!i!" (something i heard i kid you not) i just think this would take away from what the devs had actually put there time in to make, tickets are a semi good idea but should be optional, knights and archers using drills is a feature, so is wall climbing, and so is gliding, i almost feel as if this suggestion is almost rude since you would make the devs spend time to take away something they had already put time into.

13. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

so because it's beta it's doomed to be an unbalanced game forever? it's doomed to have buildings that dont really matter worth shit because they're either walked over or melted down by mines?
    this is stupid and you should feel bad for posting it.
    I feel like your post is rude because it doesnt provide any solid points to keep any of these shitty features in, you just state they're features and basically tell us to fuck off. the devs spent their time to make a good game, and we're suggesting things that will make it a better game, it's not rude, it's progress.

bombs?

JoshTG and Vampire like this.
  14. Tickets is regress if anything

HURR DURR LEMME CAMP AND IF ITS STALEMATE EITHER WAY WE CAN VOTE LIKE WE DO NOW

15. cerbr

cerbr Guest

Tickets teach to teams the art of stopping to die.

emasame and startselect3 like this.
  16. The art of waiting for enemy to die and donate you a win while you call spamming AOE stun a skill.

Rayne likes this.
  17. cerbr

cerbr Guest

Do you think that in war there are only attacking soldiers?
    Do you know what's a siege?
    Your world is wonderful.

startselect3 likes this.
  18. Do you by any chance have post-medieval PTSD caused by a lighthearted video game?

19. cerbr

cerbr Guest

I just notify you a fact, cause it seems that your vision is a bean.

20. AJFaas

AJFaas Base Burner
    1. supr sekrit cln [skrt]

archers dont have to pay to hop over walls either. why should knights.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.