1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Skely/startselect3

Discussion in 'Archive' started by startselect3, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. neil58

neil58 Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Zen - [Zen] - (Invite Only)

-1. Doesn't seem ready for admin yet, applied too early for my upvote.

startselect3 likes this.
  2. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

+1 Has Had cool glasses.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    startselect3 likes this.
  3. -1 you're too young for me, even if you are very mature , I do not doubt that. you are in the forum since 20 days , which is really not enough for me maybe in the near future , but for now too early sorry :/

startselect3 likes this.
  4. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

as i said i have had a previous account but i forgot the password of it sadly, i have actually been a member for almost 2 years ::):, but yeah i understand that you would think i would use any admin powers for the wrong purpose

Chumind likes this.
  5. Yagger

Yagger Kouji's bitch 5eva Staff Alumni Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Apronymous, Porti and 101i like this.
  6. I'm going to be honest here. First of all, you do seem more mature than the average person applying for admin. However: you got very angry when Yagger taunted you, which is generally considered a bad trait among admins - when you have your finger on the button, it's good to be level headed in all your decisions.
    You seem to be genuinely interested in helping KAG, which is a very good thing.

You've been around a long time, first as Skely, later as your current account. This shows you've been patient.
    As to your actual application - while you have come leaps and bounds in maturity since I first saw you on KAG, I don't really feel you're ready to be an admin on the official servers. Official Server administration is essentially, at a basic level, representing KAG and THD.

If you really are passionate about applying for admin, I'd advise the following:

- Control your temper. I know I've lost my temper before, and it is a bastard of a thing to have to end up apologising for.
    - Be impartial in your judgement. That is - if your friend griefs, you should judge them the same way you would anyone who griefed. It's no different to the other players who are playing if someone griefs, so to you it should be no different in your judgement.
    - Idle on IRC. Be seen being helpful. Get to know people in the community. Prove your maturity and friendliness, and that alone will help you in your path.
    - Posting on the forums also gets you 'seen'. Be constructive and helpful. Show some newbies how to do things, stuff like that.

Anyway, while I cannot +1 you currently, if you improve over time I'll probably sling a +1.

7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

-1, doesn't know his limits.

Pizza likes this.
  8. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

I love people who doesn't know their limits :D

If you know what i mean @Galen

startselect3 likes this.
  9. startselect3

startselect3 Arsonist

...what exactly do you mean :l
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 3, 2014, Original Post Date: Jul 29, 2014 ---
    im suprised this hasnt been locked already @Furai

10. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

Don't Jinx it.

startselect3 likes this.
  11. rymcd

rymcd Bison Rider Staff Alumni Tester

12. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

to break the whole streak on -1's i just read i'll put a +1.

Why?

This guy has never grieved never hacked and always play fair.

Server that he has been an admin on he doesn't abuse his powers he uses them wisely he makes sure that everyone else is following kag rules. Everyone who puts a -1 on him is mainly because they never seen him. The fact is there is something named sleep that every man needs (except that one dude who has the ability not to sleep for more then 7 days) but the point is the time zones are different meaning we need him more as a admin because he will guard the time zones that people aren't on, all these people don't see him are important people such as Kouji (rip), superblackcat, gurin, joiken, all these people are either on a different server, on a different time zone or just not online...

secondly not many people even gave a reason why they don't want him as a admin.. Just simply putting -1 gives no reason at all not to give him admin. ::):

And also people are saying he is new and isn't ready. My response, this guy is not new. Starselect is in fact Skely who has been playing for a really long time but went afk for about 2 months or so. He is not new and not ready.
    I apologize if i sounded rough or mean in this, i just wanted to get my point across ::):

+1

P.S. I'd like to add everyone who doesn't give a reason of -1 or +1 i asked it wouldn't be counted because they are just writing something without giving a reason. :)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    startselect3 likes this.
  13. Galen

Do you realize that he is banned on the forums (for posting off-topic, if I may disclose that much)?
    Also, his last or more recent posts don't really prove that he is ready for being administrator on official servers.

14. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

I've been banned from the forum asking how to make a server by Kouji :/. I had 1 question a week and then Kouji got mad for some reason and then banned me from the forums :D

Good times.

15. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

Please don't get me banned for saying this but:

Is this admin for servers of forums? just asking ;)

16. Galen

Admins on official servers represent the devs (aka THD) and the community to some degree. So they should have appropriate behaviour. Makes sense, eh?

Pizza, Porti and 101i like this.
  17. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

Yea but i still give my +1

18. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

I don't see why it should be a +1 because of these simple opinions:
    • He doubts the fact he can moderate and wants the admin to lock the thread
    • Doubts when he should post the thread and when his time is ready
    • Is sometimes arrogant and easily up-setted
    • Easy troll bait -- meaning some people can easily get on his nerves.
    And he just doubts everything he does because everyone doubts him. Nothing will work if you can't trust yourself. Fair enough if you're his friend and you're giving him a +1, but always speak the truth.

Porti, startselect3 and 101i like this.
  19. CaptianSlyfox

CaptianSlyfox Arsonist

I made my points, you made my points.

Last one to speak is kouji.

Enough said

startselect3 likes this.
  20. 101i

101i Haxor Forum Moderator Tester

this statement once meant something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.