1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[1057] Lack of Archers in Competitive Games.

Discussion in 'Archer' started by PandemicCommander, Mar 29, 2014.

?

Are Archers Underrepresented in Competitive play?

1. Yes

69.4%
  2. No

30.6%
  1. Veth

Veth Catapult Fodder

This is just my suggestion, I think if a knight blocks three arrows in five seconds, he should lower his shield (But not stunned) for a second.

2. Trumbles

Trumbles Bison Rider

Knights already get stunned if a single fully charged arrow hits them up close, making them lower their shield for a moment.

3. Veth

Veth Catapult Fodder

They do?!
    My life has been a lie.

4. BanakaI1

BanakaI1 Shipwright

halfshot, halfshot, halfshot, grapple stomp,

dead knight

5. Veth

Veth Catapult Fodder

That's pretty much already the case. And I didn't know knights got stunned from close up shots so I revoke my suggestion.

6. PandemicCommander

PandemicCommander Shipwright

Higher ceiling maybe, but I think there's a lower floor too, if I follow the metaphor here. It's much harder to suck with knight the way I see so many people suck with archer. As I see it, a knight who's learning the ropes has plenty to offer his team, even if it's just throwing his body at the enemy repeatedly. An archer who's learning has much less to offer until he gets better. I don't think that the typical archer is any worse than the typical knight in terms of raw skill, but the archers really don't see as much of a return on that skill until they get better. As long as your average joe player is at that skill level, you're going to see very few helpful archers.

If this ever changes though, I WILL miss snacking on enemy archers between knights. ::D:

7. weman713

weman713 Haxor

Yes knights should be able to block arrows unless fully charged and up close, but what's ridiculous to me is a knight using one slash to break all three of my arrows, while at the same time the slash throws the knight into ur face and kills u. Maybe slashing 2
    Arrows with one slash or something will get them stunned. I also know I can slowly fire my triple shot, but this slash breaking 3 arrows is luck, and having to slowly shoot every time in fear of that chance can get annoying.

kodysch likes this.
  8. kodysch

kodysch Bison Rider Staff Alumni
    1. Archers [Arch] (Recruiting)

This is what I've been trying to tell people. Arrow slash is okay, It's op when it takes out a fully charged arrow at close range.

9. epenow

epenow Oppressed banana cookie

It really isn't......

10. kodysch

what's wrong with distance slashing?

11. epenow

Knights have their sheild for ling distance arrows, no need for another way for them to defend from them

12. kodysch

But it is partially skill based, so it can be a mechanic for a higher level of play. And knights have to fight knights too, knights would die too quickly even if you had just one archer in a group of knights.

zerd likes this.
  13. epenow

That just encourages team work.....

SirDangalang likes this.
  14. NinjaCell

NinjaCell Haxor

I've made an archer guide if anyone is interested. It needs more work, but in the meantime I need feedback. Especially from @Trumbles

15. ziremonger

ziremonger Builder Stabber

hey man iv heard lots of stories about your prowess in kag as an archer, and i was wonderig if you had any advice ?

16. -Crimson-

-Crimson- Haxor

This topic has gone the complete opposite for me, whenever I feel like going knight now and then , theirs always like 8 archers on the other team in a high tower, ever since the knight was supposedly "nerfed" and now archer has gotten a lot more popularity, well at least for AUS CTF it does, and if you're playing with no communication that's it, gg archers win because the second you let go of your shield for a jab or slash you get stunned and almost killed, you literally can't even push up.

17. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

I can't say much for how strong archer is in competitive play (I mean I've seen Trumbles play and it's enough to scare the hell out of me lol o_o), but as a casual kag player I always thought archer as a well designed support class for the knight alongside the points raised by Geti and Nabuco.

With being able to peg arrows at a enemy knight while your ally is engaging them with a charged double slash can apply the pressure on any good knight player on their shield timing. Whilst I don't have the skill yet to be an aggressive archer being competent in supporting knight pushes with water arrows and sneaky shots in fights to finish off the enemy when off-guard still makes archers useful in teams if undervalued currently.

Geti likes this.
  18. BullHunter

BullHunter Catapult Fodder

The reason might be because at such a high level of skill and competetive play, non-noob knights know to to block arrows, making archers kinda useless as anything but a support class. And that "Support class" would probably do better as a builder or knight anyways

The only time I see archers get kills in pubs is by getting nicks when a really nooby knight lowers his shield to jab spam

19. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Trumbles is pretty much the best archer in Kag. I used to think Nighthawk was, but I haven't seen him online in a long time.

In any case, if every archer played like Trumbles does, nobody would be asking for buffs for archer. I'm a fairly decent knight, and according to most people, no archer should really be a threat to me as a 5/10 knight and especially not knights that are higher level than me. Yet, in spite of this, I have a goddamn hard time fighting Trumbles on anything but a slightly less than even playing field. Get close to him, he jumps away and shoots me with an arrow. I have to keep my shield up or he blasts me with an arrow for the one frame I try to stab/slash. Trumbles is pretty much the example of what the archer could be. The issue is that most people don't care enough about KAG to get to the level he's at. Archer has a massive learning curve compared to knight, but having seen Trumbles and fought against him many times, I can safely say the archer is FAR better than the knight if you master it. Again though, it takes way more effort, so good luck.

Nighthawk and Anonymuse like this.
  20. Jepton

Jepton Shipwright

I think archers are fine right now. It's fun and archers are a necessity in any good match. I myself have killed quite a few knights (Even some with bombs) as an archer.