1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Frozen when joining servers

Discussion in 'Help' started by icemusher, Jul 30, 2014.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. I'm not sure if this has been asked already, but I can't move in KAG anymore. I checked my controls and everything. Everyone's in a red circle, and so am I. I can not emote either. I check my entities/common/controls/ standardcontrols.as, and it says I can't run this file or something.

2. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Well, two things. For one, you can edit .as files with programs like notepad++, just click on open with, and then pick your favourite text editing programm.
    Secondly, this red circle usually means that you've got frozen by an admin or moderator. From what I gathered from your post, you're saying you're always frozen?

Pizza likes this.
  3. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

The red admin freeze circle is not this small. I see you're using the tron texture pack for classic. That might be a problem since they're for classic, not Full.

Maybe re-texture the sprites.

To fix this red circle "of doom", delete all your mods in your mod folder. And re-old KAG. If that doesn't work you may have to re-install KAG.

4. Problem is I'm not using Tron. I used it for classic, not beta. It switched somehow.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 30, 2014 ---
    And yes, I asked the admins on the server at the time, they said that none of them froze me.

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Check the console for read or yellow lines complaining about a script exception.
    This happens when you have broken scripts - deleting your mods folder and running forceupdate (or deleting app folder before running) should fix it.

6. lavalord

lavalord Haxor Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Plus if you hover over the red circle it normally lists the file with the problem e.g. standardpickup.as

7. I did what lavalord says. One strange thing, I downloaded the Tron pack, then replaced it with my old Base folders. Usually, my game shows up as normal, but at other times, The Tron thing mysteriously appears and freezes me. Here's what it looks like normally. Sometimes, the Tron thing randomly appears. I can't get a screenshoit of what the red circle says now. upload_2014-8-4_21-7-19.png It's appearances are quite erratic.

Attached Files:

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Because classic sprites are way different than release sprites.

9. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

@icemusher The GIF was probably loading, once it loads the full cycle it should run at full frames. (it and the comments regarding it have been removed, as this is the help section which is for HELP. I have also moved your thread to "General Help" as this is not server related.

With regards to your issue, as AsuMagic has said; The sprite sheet is different, in size and frames, there are more animations. The sprite pack is built for classic. Reinstall KAG and play without the Tron sprites and wait for someone to update the sprite sheet for release build, or do it yourself.

Also your pic of teh red circle didn't work correctly, it has no details of the error =)

10. Yeah, I showed you what it looks like NORMALLY. I replaced the Tron pack already. It just comes up for no reason alot.

11. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Have you fully reinstalled KAG Release version? There is also a CACHE folder that preloads entity data and such, so if it's preloaded some bad files in there, even if you removed it inside your entities it still might cause issues.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey