1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Drills Builder Only [Official Thread] Vote Now!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Geti, Aug 5, 2014.

?

Yeah?

Poll closed Aug 9, 2014.
  1. Yeah

70.1%
  2. Nah

29.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mods: Rainbows
  1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk gaurenteed shitter

Feh. Only reason I say make drills Builder exclusive is to encourage Builder pushing as opposed to "spam more Knights to win." We could use less of that.

NinjaCell and startselect3 like this.
  2. Klokinator

Klokinator Such Beta
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

I personally think drills are fine. They need a description update, they could stand to cost 50 more stone, and they're already blocked almost entirely by wooden platforms. Seriously, drills aren't OP. I only would want to change it so Noob Builder 101 doesn't grab a drill at the moment of game start, drill out all the stone inside the base, build a crap tower, and then leave.

SirDangalang and Dargona1018 like this.
  3. Skinney

Skinney THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator Tester

Platforms are their own problem, especially since they're rarely used as "platforms" but rather as wall running denial, flak armor, trap accessory, etc. However I feel that drills multiply the problem that platforms represent as well as;
    • Reduced synergy needed between classes
    • Buggy interaction with Knights, drilling while jabbing & slashing
    • Role overlap with builders, strong direct block removal
    • Etc
    I have seen countless games ended in a matter of seconds due to Knights rushing with drills and in my opinion drills trivialize erected defenses when in the hands of a Knight. What ever happened to requiring siege weapons or Builders to break through defenses?

NinjaCell, Rayne, Beelzebub and 6 others like this.
  4. they got replaced by bomb arrows, mines and kegs

5. Dubovnik

Dubovnik Drill Rusher
    1. Top Hat Squad [THS]

No lets drills will use all.... but if knight wear it, so it hotting very fast, if archer hotting fast, builder hotting normal. Yes, Drills aren't OP but it will be incredibly useful for early matches, destroying thing or make tunnel through enemy base without attention.

6. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Ballista Bolt Thrower

which was and is a horrible design problem

101i and Rayne like this.
  7. Corpsey

Corpsey Haxor

I think that could be changed depending on what people want as meta... I find the main reason people don't use ballista is that catapult + flying knights with shield glide has longer range and can yield more damage (you go in, sabotage to make coins for keg, buy keg and relaunch, repeat). EDIT: Not to mention ballista has the fateful 'spawn at location' feature, which is actually more beneficial for the enemy most of the time (if it's set up in a poor position, they get spawn kills, if it's set up in your base, they can infiltrate your base if they capture it).

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  8. EhRa

EhRa Ooooooof Staff Alumni Donator
    1. KRPG

Drills with a builder would encourage a more rushing builder. It would be nice for them to just be implemented for builders. I would play builder more.

9. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

added to the game, so locked.

Mods: Rainbows
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.